Brush Clean Up After Epoxy Coating Jig Heads

Pup

I use two-part epoxy to coat jig heads quite frequently. My glue brush requires immediate cleaning in order to avoid stiffness from leftover glue. So, I add isopropyl alcohol (91%) to an empty glass jar and work the fluid into the brush bristles immediately after I finish coating my jigs. Then, I rinse the brush in hot water to remove any residual glue from the bristles.

Try this sometime to see if it works for you. Your brush bristles should remain soft, flexible, and last much longer.

snake River

Pup said:
I use two-part epoxy to coat jig heads quite frequently. My glue brush requires immediate cleaning in order to avoid stiffness from leftover glue. So, I add isopropyl alcohol (91%) to an empty glass jar and work the fluid into the brush bristles immediately after I finish coating my jigs. Then, I rinse the brush in hot water to remove any residual glue from the bristles.

Try this sometime to see if it works for you. Your brush bristles should remain soft, flexible, and last much longer.
[/qu

do you prefer epoxy over vinyl or power paint or do you use all three of them.

Pup

Have used epoxy and powder paint. Really do not have a preference between the two. I do use them for different applications though.

baitmaster

Pup,
I have an empty 1 oz sqweeze bottle from Flex Coat epoxy that I fill with alcohol. I cut the top of the sqweeze cap off just large enough to get my brush handle though tightly. The brush stick far enought out that I can screw teh cap completely down. It works well, the alcohol does not evaporate and the brush is always ready to go.

Back