Bluefish Hooks

SaltyBuckster

After seeing the hooks that you have to buy to catch these little devils,I decided to make my own.When you get on the boat they are $1.25 a hook.I think that we can do a little better then that.I used my Twist Tech to attach the swivel on top and then a 5/0 hook on the bottom.Anyybody know where to get some thinner wire to twist them up with,Cheap?

Attachments

• DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 57

toadfrog

Piano wire , Guitar strings . Not kidding either I've used it. But then nobody ever accused me of being conventional.

SaltyBuckster

Them leaders would work out great if there was a split ring holding the hook to that lower loop on the leaders.Them bluefish will destroy a snap swivel with all the tugging and pulling that they do.

SaltyBuckster

First trip is in two weeks.Not this weekend but,next.Then almost every weekend after that.Depending on how many guys want to go.

SaltyBuckster

I went out on a 3 day trip out of San Diego a few years back and the boss took out about 10 automobile Insurance agents with us on the trip,lol.What a blast it was to watch them.They thought that drinking would cure them,Ha Ha.

SaltyBuckster

I did,lol.They did'nt.We still ended up with 81 albacore and a couple of yellowtail.I even got a giant squid at night fishing with one of the deck hands.lol.

SaltyBuckster

The body of it was probably 4' long and about a foot across.The legs,now that was a differant story.Don't know the overall length.

Doc Crappie

Banned
SaltyBuckster said:
After seeing the hooks that you have to buy to catch these little devils,I decided to make my own.When you get on the boat they are $1.25 a hook.I think that we can do a little better then that.I used my Twist Tech to attach the swivel on top and then a 5/0 hook on the bottom.Anyybody know where to get some thinner wire to twist them up with,Cheap?

Brucey you ever find a place to get some wire at a good price, know what you mean about them blue fish might nasty with some Sharp teeth.... :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Doc Crappie

Banned
SaltyBuckster said:
Oh God,there you are.lol.Where you been lurking around.Ha

Can't you tell ..... LOL. Been lurking in the years gone by section reminissing .... :p

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Back