Blue w/ glitter - Take 2

AllenOK

Much better results this time. Group shot:

View attachment 8

White base coat, Dragonfly over that, then tapped on the clear/multi-glitter over that. Probably should have left the darker colors out of the mix. Oh well, live and learn. Might have to mix up another clear/multi-glitter mix using the lighter colors. Might just take the Dragonfly I already have, and add more glitter to it.

Close up:

View attachment 9

That's a pretty thick coat of transparent PP. If you look, you can actually see the shadow cast by the individual flecks of glitter inside the paint.

Attachments

• 20150909CandyBlueGlitterHeads1.JPG
    20150909CandyBlueGlitterHeads1.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150909CandyBlueGlitterHeads2.JPG
    20150909CandyBlueGlitterHeads2.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 77

AllenOK

Thanks. Hopefully I'll get these tied up Friday. Planning on doing that Stayner Ducktail streamer pattern as a jig.

Fatman

Looks good. Brush tapping glitter coats can be tricky. Glitter can build up in the brush and then dumps on you, I'd like to see what you would get if you just did a quick dip in the clear/glitter mix, I always stir after each jig.

AllenOK

Fatman, I've done the dip in clear glittercoats as well. I prefer to tap it on, as I get to much paint on the jig when I dip, and then it runs/drips when I cure.

By tapping, I try to keep the bulk of the glitter on the top part of the jig (doesn't always work out that way). And, I don't get too much PP on the jighead (again, it doesn't always work out that way). I also do AF's trick of starting at the lowest temp I can get on my oven when I cure, and slowly raise the temp up until I hit 300, then give it 20 minutes at 300. The theory is that the slow heatup lets the paint begin to set before it drips.

Back