Black Pearl Sickles

redear

this evening I took about 10 of my black size 4 sickles and put them in the vice one at a time and looped 6lb. test thru the eyelet and pulled on them pretty hard, I had 1 break fairly easily at the 90 and the rest withstood the test, I pulled them hard enough to cause them to practcally become misformed but for the most part they sprung back to shape. 1000 of these came from grandpa bobs and the other 500 came from capt. hooks. there may be some weak ones mixed in with my hooks, but it seems mine may have come from a different batch from the recent brittle ones.

redear

I was surprised at how far most of them would bend out and return to near normal. hope I got lucky with these cause I really need to pour some soon, as I have a few freinds that love them with their plastics too.

Squeakyboatcaptain

OK.... whats the difference between the Black nickel and the Black pearl hooks?? I sent Robert an email a couple of days ago asking about the #4 Black nickels and he tells me that they haven't sorted the problem out with them yet.... In his tests he was having up to 60% of the hooks break at the 90.
Is the Black pearl different??? Are they experiencing the same problems with them if so??
Thanks for any feedback.

Fatman

Squeaky the Black Pearl hooks are Eagle Claw brand, and I haven't heard any thing bad about them. The Black chrome or black nickle as some call them (matzuo's) have a problem with the #4's and Matzuo is aware of it, from the copies of the emails I posted. I also sent Robert and Grousefly copies so they could contact them for replacement.

When I posted they were running a new batch of the #4's, it was going to be 4-6 weeks so I'll check back with them in a week or so.

redear

black chrome , black platinum, black pearl, I get them all mixed up in my mind, but do believe they are all black chrome finish just called different names by different mfg's.

Hawnjigs

KISS
And, Gamakatsu is NSB and some bright boy at Mustad decided to change perfectly understandable BLN (black nickel) to NPBN.

Back