Bit by the Salty Bug

toadfrog

View attachment 1It finally happened . Salty has been posting these things off and on . Every time I looked at them I thought , I hope I never have to tie any more of those . Then the morning email . *&&%^% There it was 300 of those suckers to do . They eat buck tail like a cow eats grass . Then folks don't like to pay much for a lure that takes 10 minutes to make . I could have said no . Probably should have . But the fellow gives me a lot of work . Any old who here is a pic .

Attachments

• Salty Bug.jpg
    Salty Bug.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 95

toadfrog

Darn it Bruce I was just about to hit you up to do'em .
Stump we would be well of if the time could be turned into money .
100 down 2 to go . My %#% fingers are killing me.

Fatman

X2 with Salty that's gonna be some serious bucktail usage!!!!! You need to learn to say NO!!!!!LOL Unless of course it's REALLY good money!!

SaltyBuckster

toadfrog said:
All you had to do was ask.

blt

Get your thread from the thread exchange.com. I think I am using the 15 or 30 size for hooks. Seems like saltwater teasers...the old saying less is better doesn't apply where I sell stuff. On an average tail, I hope to get 20 hooks on it. Some tails I get I can get 25-30, but I stay away from the really thick hair at the bottom of the tail.

toadfrog

SaltyBuckster said:
toadfrog said:
All you had to do was ask.
Guess i should have sent a P.M. cause I think your phone is busted . LOL Better P.m. me your price . so I can relay it . My corporal tunnel is giving me fits . Hurts and then pic up a cup of coffee and for no apparent reason drop it . If its in the floor that is fine if its in my lap MR.Happy ain't happy anymore .
Never tried the thread exchange but will look into it . If I could get a stranded floss strong enough That would make one screaming nice tie on the head .
Need to get some northern buck tail for this stuff . These little ole white tails just don;t cut it like a northern would .

Soundside

I was un aware of the thread exchange.com. Which thread are you using from the thread exchange.com? I am looking for bulk thread in an effort to keep down cost when making buck tail jigs.

Thanks,

Jay

slammingjack

I made like 30 of those last week. I thought it Was fun and easy. What size hook is that?

Back