Big n' Ugly!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
He was ugly - but he was FUN! Caught on my UL with 6lb. line today on lunch break. Fish measured 27". :bigfish: It actually hit the jig too, was hooked in the lower lip and not foul hooked. Think this is my first carp i've ever caught on a true minnow imitation lure. Usually they come on craw or bug looking stuff.

View attachment 4

Think he might have gotten one of those shots that make women's lips bigger! :p
View attachment 5

View attachment 6

View attachment 7

Attachments

• 101_1653_e.jpg
    101_1653_e.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 101_1654_e.jpg
    101_1654_e.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 109
  • 101_1655_e.jpg
    101_1655_e.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 101_1651_e.jpg
    101_1651_e.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 109

crappiecripplerjigs

That jig looks like it will catch anything and everything. Love those heads. You've also got some good looking water to fish. I've not been on the water in over a month. You guys are making me jealous. Gradually cooling off here though. Great pics!

JUNGLEJIM1

As a youngster carp fishing was a lot of fun. Fishing for them taught me how to fight bigger fish. Back then all I needed was a can of corn,some washers for weight, some #6 aberdeens,6lb test and my trusty JOHNSON CENTURY and 710. My rods were Shakespeare wonder rods. I still have one of the rods and the reels.They were really built to last. I havn't used them for many years. I don't fish for carp anymore but caught one last year on a white jig. Thanks for the pics,you brought back some great memories for me. To me,that fish is drop dead gorgeous,not ugly..

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
JJ1 - Gotta say... you are right. Love seeing any and all fish, i just couldn't get past the big fat Botox lips! haha They have an acient - dinosaur look to them with those big scales.

HawnJigs - Couldn't see it when it hit and it peeled off 20+ yards of line in it's first run without a single roll or head shake... knew it wasn't a cat. By the way he ran i was really hoping to see a 'toothy' critter. Caught a 23" muskie in this river about 3 years ago. I started carrying a camera around my neck the next day..... have not hooked into another one since. :dodgy: Anyway - took me all of 15 minutes to land with several line stripping runs! Was a big boy! :)

Back