Beef up your jigging spoons

OKSTATEjiggy

Yeah, I know they're spoons, but I figured I would share something that I do to them. Tie bucktail and flash on the treble for an added action-and-sight element. They are JIGGING spoons after all :p

DSC01445.jpg

crappiecripplerjigs

What do you catch with these spoons? In Missouri I'm not sure what to use them for. They are sold around here, but very heavy. I used to tie some tails on trebles for rooster tails. Stabbed myself too many times and sold the mold! Those look great.

OKSTATEjiggy

We use these spoons for schooling fish like stripers, hybrids and sand bass that are chasing shad. You locate a school/bait on the graph and vertical jig these spoons, and the fish usually hit them on the fall...

Bigdadyrods

Have you ever tied Squirrel tail to the back of those?? Seems to be a little different.

Big D

OKSTATEjiggy

Dady, no sir, I never have. Worth a try a I reckon. I have a ton of ideas floatin' around in my noggin', just not much cash to spare to work them out yet.

toadfrog

OKSTATEjiggy said:
Dady, no sir, I never have. Worth a try a I reckon. I have a ton of ideas floatin' around in my noggin', just not much cash to spare to work them out yet.
You could say I know a little about striper lures at least hand tied ones. Give me a yell if you need help working one up.

Back