Be Careful Bragging on a Forum

Radtexan

25-year-old Dustin Heathman is in trouble after he went on the Austin Bass Fishing Forum to brag about the big amount of bass he had caught. Under a screen name Heathman wrote that he had "put around 40 fish in the boat with 22 keepers". But what he may not have known was that he had broken the law. One person on a boat is allowed to take home five fish. The other members of the website started to warn Heathman, bash him, and some even reported him to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Heathman has defended himself by saying he deserved to keep that many fish because he usually throws them back and that he had family in town to feed who wanted a fish fry. The fine hasn't been determined yet, but he may have to pay up to $500 per extra fish.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/fisherman-gets-busted-bragging-big-193000361.html

JUNGLEJIM1

Most people know the limits for the fish and the lake they are fishing at. When they go over the limit they are breaking the law and they know they are. Sounds like that is going to be an expensive fish fry. I have no sympathy for fish raper's. Guy's like him do some real damage to lakes and throw fish populations out of balance. In 2010 I had a great year bass fishing at a small 5 acre lake catching four bass over 8lbs. and a bunch over 5,all were released after a quick photo. Word got out about the big bass in this lake and the rapers showed up keeping what they caught. I havn't caught even a 4lber since. I hope the guy learned his lesson. There's a reason that limits are posted.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I love my fish.... fried, grilled, baked, smoked ........just about any way it is made but no meal is worth breaking a conservation law limit. I would shrivel up if i ever lost my fishing privledges.

Does get what he deserves just for being that dumb as to post it out in an open internet forum. 'Hey look at me, i broke the law, come and get me.' :rolleyes:

hookup

The law is absolute.

No black & white; even if he wanted a fish fry.

Bust'm Dan'l.

Back