Balsa Lure

HairyMooseKnuckles

I worked on this one the biggest part of the day. I worked on other projects while each coat of paint dried. It's still not complete. I have to put a coat of epoxy on to make her shiny.

The idea for the paint scheme was from a how to on the wed written by a fellow named Ronald Braud.

Pup

Very nice. I really like the way you whittled/turned and sanded the body. :cool:

Just curious, what size is your treble hook? This lure will weigh more with coat(s) of epoxy. Still, I'm thinking nice little ultralight lure for light line/equipment.

What did you use to glue on your eyes? Just a thought, but might try using a Dennison Glue Stick to apply to the back of the eyes and stick on just before applying the first epoxy coat. Would eliminate the appearance of excess glue around the eye edges if that's important to you. Though, the epoxy coat(s) may likely resolve that. Epoxy cures a lot of my jig appearance problems that I, perhaps, overly concern myself with. ;)

Great-looking pattern for black bass/white bass in clear water I'm thinking... I like it!

HairyMooseKnuckles

Hi Pup.

That is a size 6 Hook. The eyes are home made. from aluminum foil and two colors of electrical tape. I think the foil is making it appear to have a glue ring. I need to get some store bought eyes.

Pup said:
Very nice. I really like the way you whittled/turned and sanded the body. :cool:

Just curious, what size is your treble hook? This lure will weigh more with coat(s) of epoxy. Still, I'm thinking nice little ultralight lure for light line/equipment.

What did you use to glue on your eyes? Just a thought, but might try using a Dennison Glue Stick to apply to the back of the eyes and stick on just before applying the first epoxy coat. Would eliminate the appearance of excess glue around the eye edges if that's important to you. Though, the epoxy coat(s) may likely resolve that. Epoxy cures a lot of my jig appearance problems that I, perhaps, overly concern myself with. ;)

Great-looking pattern for black bass/white bass in clear water I'm thinking... I like it!

Back