Bad Fall season

Kdog

Been dealing with my bad hip,  getting replaces on the 19th, I cant wait. Hopefully the pain will be gone. Given limited mobility, fall fishing was pretty much a bust.  I have 19 pounds of walleye and saugeye fillets in the freezer.  A buddy got me a seat on a pontoon boat this weekend for crappie fishing.  I think  can negotiate getting on and off of that.  I tried our fishing boat a couple times and its just too risky right now. I did go out in a friends big lund used a ladder in his driveway to get in and out. Although he is wiling, I just dont wanna be burden like that. So ive been out a couple times bank fishing with some luck but its too the point where I think Im taking too big of a risk to even try. So after tomorrow, fishing is over and I hope by april will be back in the saddle again.  

Wish me luck and if you have a mind send a prayer or two my way,  Happy fishing.

duffy

Good luck on the hip! Must be the week for joint replacements as my bro is getting his knee done too. It's amazing at how quickly they get you back up and going again with those operations and just getting rid of the pain is one major improvement. Prayers to you on a speedy recovery.

duffy

Surgery Tues, home Wed, fishing Friday!  Hey I gave you Thursday off to re-coup. :D :D  When my dad had his first one done in 68 they kept him in the hospital for about a week. His next one in 76 he was up tearing around the hospital the next day and was out the day after that. He said getting rid of the pain was the best part of getting it done and getting both legs the same length again too.

Kdog

Pain is the worst, leg length getting equalized will be nice as will getting the leg back out where it belongs, The fall drove the ball about 4mm in and 3mm up. The plan is surgery tuesday afternoon, out wednesday afternoon. It being almost a month since I could actually take a short walk, rehab may be a bit tough at the start, but as long as the pain stops shortly after work out, I will welcome it. Right now the 150' to the mail box and return trip can easily take 15 minutes. Supposed to get yuck weather this week but wed is nice day.

Back