Assorted Football-Headed Hair Jigs For Black Bass

Pup

hairassrtmt005.jpg

Materials:
  • Flymasters/Wapsi Flashabou Accent - red.
  • Darice Craft Fur - brown, gray, and orange.
  • Orvis Polar Fibre - olive.
  • UTC Ultra Thread 140 denier - red and olive.
  • Coats & Clark Machine Embroidery Thread 40-wt. - olive and chona brown.
  • Deluxe Craft Fur - sage green.
  • Football jigs (1/8-ounce) with either a #1 or 1/0 hook.
  • Red and green acrylic paints.
  • Two-part epoxy for topcoat.

The last jig on the right is a sage green and gray half-and-half combination that I think looks interesting in clear water. The jig to the left of it is designed for trailerless fishing. All others are designed to fish alone or with a chunk trailer.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That green/org one should look killer when it gets wet also, love the blend and would guess it darkens up some in the water.

Need to see if i can find some of the Deluxe Craft stuff.... it seems alot fuzzier/fuller than the darcie. Are you getting it online or in a brick & mortar craft shop?

Pup

AtticaFish said:
That green/org one should look killer when it gets wet also, love the blend and would guess it darkens up some in the water.

Need to see if i can find some of the Deluxe Craft stuff.... it seems alot fuzzier/fuller than the darcie. Are you getting it online or in a brick & mortar craft shop?

Glad you like the green/orange pattern. I know that it does work pretty well from my experience. The olive-colored Orvis Polar Fiber is great looking in the water, but man is it expensive (relative to other craft fur) per square inch.

I purchased the "deluxe" craft fur at a brick & mortar fabric store (national chain). What is interesting to me is that no two stores in the same chain, within the same city, carry the same merchandise. So, it pays to visit each one when looking for fur.

Get this. I think I paid between $4.00-4.50 for each 12" X 60" bolt of the deluxe fur that I purchased. It was on sale and a very good deal to say the least! :)

Back