Articulated or Jointed minnow

papaperch

joint2.jpg

joint1.jpg

Fellow CDC and Jigcraft member Len got me going on these. I made a few modifications ( naturally ) to the original tying instructions. I do not clip the point of the second hook off. I left it on to act as a stinger hook. Used a clouser for the lead hook on one and a minnow head on the other. Used spider wire brain instead of mono to form the hinge. Also used fox tail hair on minnow head one to cover the hinge. Colors on jig tails used prism pens.

Overall lenght on these is about 2-1/2 inch. No# 2 streamer hook for lead hook and No# 6 abeerdeen on stinger hook.

flatsrat76

papaperch said:
joint2.jpg

joint1.jpg

Fellow CDC and Jigcraft member Len got me going on these. I made a few modifications ( naturally ) to the original tying instructions. I do not clip the point of the second hook off. I left it on to act as a stinger hook. Used a clouser for the lead hook on one and a minnow head on the other. Used spider wire brain instead of mono to form the hinge. Also used fox tail hair on minnow head one to cover the hinge. Colors on jig tails used prism pens.

Overall lenght on these is about 2-1/2 inch. No# 2 streamer hook for lead hook and No# 6 abeerdeen on stinger hook.

cool looking jig:cool: was the stinger tied then added to the jig or did you tie over it?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I am interested to hear how they move in the water, have you or Len tried these out yet? Wondering if the back end does actually move seperate and "swim." With the xtra weight from the hook, they sure should. I will be trying to tie some regardless. :D

Len

AtticaFish said:
I am interested to hear how they move in the water, have you or Len tried these out yet? Wondering if the back end does actually move seperate and "swim." With the xtra weight from the hook, they sure should. I will be trying to tie some regardless. :D

Hey Attica,
I tried mine last weekend underneath a float and the tail will move really well. Also tried swimming it and with small rod jerks the tail will break right or left.So many possibilities to explore with this swim bait. I am sure you could get more movement by using smaller mono.Really did not try to seriously fish it yet just fine tuning at the moment.

Hippel

Been meaning to try this. Thanks for the pics and the link.

Do you think that if you inverted the stinger hook (so it pointed up) that you would increase your success or get more snags?

Tight Lines

papaperch

Hip- I tied them with the point of hook riding in the up position. both front and back hook , material hides both hooks so hard to tell from pic.

On the fly tying site they are tying flies so hook points downward. This is one thing I always had against floating jigheads. Floaters have the hook pointing downward and it lessens the chance of a solid hook set.

Back