Argentina Fishing

Hawnjigs

KISS
A customer ordered some Sickle hook ball heads to make jig flies for an upcoming trouting trip, so I Googled his destination.

https://www.google.com/search?q=arg...X&ved=0CDgQsARqFQoTCMGVlvCLi8kCFYRYJgod1g8DCg

HOLY SHIVERS !! I gave up on Sickles after multiple bendouts on spinning gear, so I asked why he didn't use heavier wire hooks for those MONSTERS. He said long limber fly rods work best with needle sharp light wire small hooks for hooksets and those same rod mechanics cushion hook stress. Says he never lost any to a bendout.

Bucket list anyone?

goodtimesfishing

Don't forget you can get the sickles in heavy wire.
But as long as your fishing the right pole with a quality reel and properly set drag, you can get the big ones in with light wire hooks(or light leader). Problem we have in Washington is when you are fishing for salmon and steelhead that size you tend to have to get the fish in somewhat fast do to so many people fishing the area, and that calls for a stronger hook. If fishing in a place where you can take your time getting fish landed you can do it on light gear.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Crappie & walleye don't jump.

A $10 G vacation certainly is a big splurge for a lot of us, but maybe when the jobs done and the kids are gone we deserve a reward.

Meanwhile, I agree, jump in the car for a longer road trip.

LedHed

Sponsor
The Dorado is on mine and wouldn't mind a sea run Brown Trout.......

Harder to set a hook with heavy hooks with the light stuff. I'm using more of the Aji/Mebaru rods for Ultra Light freshwater fishing now. They are hard and fast enough to drive the EC sickle, extremely sensitive, and still limber for the cast & fight.

Back