Anything biting

00buck

Hello wondering if anything is biting in central ohio and where

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! I wish we had that many members on here to get regional/state reports!!! I am in northwest / northcentral OH. Crappies have moved back deep now and will be lucky if i find them again in the deeper reservoirs i fish. Bluegill, Bass & Cats from here till fall............ unless i get out for some night time trolling, then could always find a stray crappie or walleye.

The small town reservoirs in my area have been good to me with the crappie this spring and have been able to stock the freezer nicely. Have landed 3 Fish Ohio size crappie this spring, but no other species in reputable size range. Fished East Harbor State Park (Major harbor on Lake Erie, fishing from shore) 2 weekends ago for bass and only managed a few bites and 1 - 15" bass. Will be making a trip down to Mt. Gilead in a few weeks. Trip planned to Lake Loramie - westcentral OH - in late July. Possibly Delaware St. Park this camping season also. That is about as close to 'Central Ohio' as my fishing time gets. Would sure love to hit the Scioto River!!!

Kdog

Cowan Lake, Caesars Creek should both be good for a mixed bag. Bass, Bluegill. Crappie, Saugeye, Walleye and of course whisker fish.

00buck

AtticaFish said:
Ha! I wish we had that many members on here to get regional/state reports!!! I am in northwest / northcentral OH. Crappies have moved back deep now and will be lucky if i find them again in the deeper reservoirs i fish. Bluegill, Bass & Cats from here till fall............ unless i get out for some night time trolling, then could always find a stray crappie or walleye.

The small town reservoirs in my area have been good to me with the crappie this spring and have been able to stock the freezer nicely. Have landed 3 Fish Ohio size crappie this spring, but no other species in reputable size range. Fished East Harbor State Park (Major harbor on Lake Erie, fishing from shore) 2 weekends ago for bass and only managed a few bites and 1 - 15" bass. Will be making a trip down to Mt. Gilead in a few weeks. Trip planned to Lake Loramie - westcentral OH - in late July. Possibly Delaware St. Park this camping season also. That is about as close to 'Central Ohio' as my fishing time gets. Would sure love to hit the Scioto River!!!
Well mt gilead is only 5 mins from me maybe I can try to give you an update how fishing is before your travels

Back