Anyone order from Grandpa Bobs recently?

Kdog

Last weekend I placed an order with Grandpa knowing full well that shipping can be somewhat slow. Anyone know what kind of a backlog he has these days?

His prices are just too good for me to pass up but I ordered some "need now items" and if its gonna be weeks away will probably need to run to BPS and break into one of my gift cards.

smalljaw

His wife had an accident and he was behind but he said he got caught up but then I waited almost 3 weeks for my last order and that was it, I'm done with him. I love the prices but he doesn't answer emails and he doesn't let you know if the stuff you ordered is in stock or not, you can usually tell when 5 days goes by and your order is still processing. I like Grandpa Bob but I'll never order another thing from him, I'll pay a little more and know that I'll have my stuff in a week or less. I wouldn't mind either if it happened once in a while but my last 3 orders I had to call and then switch out some stuff, it is a crap shoot and he is spread out to thin, go with Crazy Angler.

Pepop

If you call him after 5pm and explain your situation, I'd bet he'll try to get your order together & shipped in a day or 2. Of course I'm just guessing here.

papaperch

I do not often order as I have tons of stuff. But when I do order I expect timely service. Service affects more on who I order from then price. Honestly price comes in about third.My personal preferences are

1. Is the item you need in stock ?- Lot of suppliers list things they very seldom stock relying on drop shippers.
2. Is the order filled and to me within 10 days or less ?- I think more than reasonable. Cabelas for instance usually 5 days.
3. Price self explanatory
4. Back orders - How they are handled . I prefer they will be cancelled and I will get elsewhere.

I live in Granpa Bob's " neck of the woods " so to speak. I think what he is going through is growing pains. In short his business is big enough to require his attention full time. But the profit he is making is not enough to replace his hourly job. I don't personally know this is the case. It just sounds all too familiar and the story is all the same.

No one can stay awake 24 hours a day. So at this point in time his service is causing concern. Everyone has family emergencies and other troubles. Weather they are valid or just excuses makes little difference in the business world.

Since Granpa Bob only meets one of my criteria he does not get any business from me. Not because I have anything against him. It just that others like Crazy Angler meet all of my criteria.

I think all of us can agree that LIFE gives us enough headaches. Why create some for ourselves ?
Make out a short list like I did and do business with the places that fit your criteria.

Shoemoo

I ordered back in September and got the package in about two weeks.

Unfortunately he screwed up my order and sent some wrong items of lesser value. I've emailed him multiple times asking to fix it with no reply.

I understand mistakes happen, but it's inexcusable to just ignore them and leave a customer unhappy.

Not going to order from him again.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Jighead76 said:
Jighead76 said:
Any suggestions on what I should do about 2 orders over a year old? I'd hate to contact paypal because he is good when he answers your emails. I love the prices and a lot of the chinelles I can't find anywhere else. Also I have a hard time finding 1/16 ounce jigs with larger black chrome hooks for under $12 a 100. Last time I checked he had them for $8.
I don't mind waiting up to 3 weeks if someone communicates with me. I sell on eBay and know things come up
It's to the point where I'd be happy to get my $130 in whatever he wants to throw in the box.

Sorry. This was ment for grandpa bobs ordered thread.

I just copied the above reply here...... couldn't figure out how to copy the post.

Not sure what to suggest to do, but there are a ton of red flags on this site (and other sites) about his customer service, or lack there of. I guess one assumes the risks when ordering from the biz.

Pepop

AtticaFish said:
Jighead76 said:
Jighead76 said:
Any suggestions on what I should do about 2 orders over a year old? I'd hate to contact paypal because he is good when he answers your emails. I love the prices and a lot of the chinelles I can't find anywhere else. Also I have a hard time finding 1/16 ounce jigs with larger black chrome hooks for under $12 a 100. Last time I checked he had them for $8.
I don't mind waiting up to 3 weeks if someone communicates with me. I sell on eBay and know things come up
It's to the point where I'd be happy to get my $130 in whatever he wants to throw in the box.

Sorry. This was ment for grandpa bobs ordered thread.

I just copied the above reply here...... couldn't figure out how to copy the post.

Not sure what to suggest to do, but there are a ton of red flags on this site (and other sites) about his customer service, or lack there of. I guess one assumes the risks when ordering from the biz.

Call him! I've had orders "In Process" for over 2 weeks & I finally called after 5 on a weekday & talked to Bob & my orders were shipped the next day. This same thing happened twice. Bob was very nice, apologetic & professional about the delay & had what seemed like a good reason for it. So, call him & give him the order #'s and he'll probably take care of you on the spot. Talking to him, he really seems like a good guy.

I placed my order on Jan. 5. Sent 3 emails from Jan. 20-24 with no response. Called and talked to him on Jan. 28, he said he was pouring my heads right then and they would ship the next day. My order on his site is still in processing today- a month after I ordered. Now it is a small order- total of $37. Only 200 jig heads the rest is chenille and barred hackle. This is my second order and I tie for myself so no real hurry, but is getting very frustrating at this point. I did run out of jig heads in the meantime, ordered from Crazy Angler and had my stuff in three days. I know who I'll use from now on.

Jighead76

Thanks pepop for moving that for me. I'll call Monday. I did call earlier in the year but haven't been tying till just in the last month or so. So that's when I notice I'm out of stuff. Thanks again.

Kdog

I called the day after I started this thread, talked to bob, he actually called me as I called too early. Said it would ship next day. took a bit longer than that but I did get my order 17 days after ordering.

crappiecripplerjigs

I placed an order on Jan 28 knowing full well it could be awhile. Crazy Angler has really lightened his chenille load. Not many colors to choose from anymore. As expected, order still shows processing.

Jighead76

Jighead76 said:
Thanks pepop for moving that for me. I'll call Monday. I did call earlier in the year but haven't been tying till just in the last month or so. So that's when I notice I'm out of stuff. Thanks again.

Just wanted to say grandpa bobs made everything right by calling me and explaining everything. Guess he had problems with the webpage and a stuff. I am a happy customer agian.

Back