Anybody Need Some ??

SaltyBuckster

Doc,Anything in Particular Needed ?In the process of pouring the big boys for Spring Striper Season.Pouring 2,3 and 4 oz. Ultra Minnows.Anybody need any while I'm at it.Also have 1/2,3/4,1 and 1 1/2 oz.

Attachments

• DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 76

blt

Is that the 10 or 20# lee pot? I'm always looking for a back up on Craigslist in case my pot dies. I'm using an RCBS model, but will not spend that money on a new one. (Over $300)

You should check out the xuron flush cutters. Worth the extra $$ IMO.

FLush cutters

What size hooks are you using for the different wt's? (2,3 & 4oz.)

SaltyBuckster

That's a 10 lb. pot.I had a 20 and loved it.I just never poured a lot at one time and sold everything before I moved back to Pa. from Arizona.I was just going out to pour some 4 oz. with the 8/0 Mustads then kept adding lead and could'nt stop,lol.The 3 oz. I use a 7/0 and the 2 oz. a 6/0

blt

I know what you mean about just kept going lol. Some times I just figure as long as I have the pot going, might as well keep going with stuff I'm pretty sure I'll need in the future.
4 oz. is about the limit for me to pour with the pot. Anything over that, I have to fire up the cast iron pot and use the big 'ole ladle to get smooth pours.

SaltyBuckster

Blt,I also have a pour pot that holds about 5 pounds and works great for the big Bank Sinkers.Doc,all poured,I'll ship you a dozen of each size that you wanted.That's about 5 bucktails and a ball of threads worth,lol.

blt

I pour all winter long in the garage. Door open, window open and fan venting. Wifey doesn't know how I deal with the cold in the garage all winter. I'm insulated well lol.

SaltyBuckster

Ever since 12th grade in High School I have typed 28 words a minute,nothing more nothing less.I can remember about a paragraph and then go to town watching the keys,lol.Oh yea,I got a "B" in typing,I thought it would be an easy class.

Radtexan

Must be a Pa thing
REV-3-amigos.jpg

SaltyBuckster

Here's what a 4 ozer looks like striper ready.There's a school of 1/8 oz. gills swimming in front of it.

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 18

Fatman

Ok Salty, how did you get a "B" with only 28 words a minute???? And don't try the old but it was on a manual - cause that's how I learned to and 50 was minimum for a B!!! Cmon fess up how'd ya do it??? LOL

SaltyBuckster

As I remember,the class was only 1/2 a semester.I took French for the other half,lol.They went to a French Resturaunt in State College Pa.That was the reasoning behind that choice.I ended up moving to Arizona and learning Mexican bad words.You can call me a man of the world,Ha.

Back