ANGEL OF DEATH

toadfrog

View attachment 1View attachment 9View attachment 9Been working on this but never finished it until today . Hand blown glass eyes , cedar body , solid beads and brass tail weight , hand bent blades . Casts like an arrow shot from a bow cause the buzz blades swing back in the air . then when ti hits the water it sits like a bobber until you crank it in . Ya Da DA Ya da DA . Have a peak

Attachments

• ANGEL OF DEATH 001.jpg
    ANGEL OF DEATH 001.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 126
  • ANGEL OF DEATH 002.jpg
    ANGEL OF DEATH 002.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 119
  • ANGEL OF DEATH 003.jpg
    ANGEL OF DEATH 003.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 124

redman

The Bass boys here would be using that one every day all the time around the wood for the big old Bucket mouths. Nice work there Mr. Toadfrog. Let us see some of the big bass that you take with it.

Redman

AndyLane

I tip my Hat to you! That right there is some Grade A+ Craftsmanship!! I have a sketch of something very similar in my big book of Ideas:)

toadfrog

The hardest thing to do on that lure was the blades , Got to cut them out of .030 aluminium sheets then roll the edges . Then very methodically sand the edges . Couldn't find my large Demascus pliers that is why it has all the marks on the blades .The rest of it was pretty much paint and wait . Now if the guy I made it for has the nerve to fish it for fear of losing it . I might just get some fish pics . The next one I do will be mine I'm going to take put a big effort into the paint job and add a bell and whistle or two more . Glad ya'all enjoyed it . I do appreciate the kind words .

Hawnjigs

KISS
Holy...! While you were AWOL I thought Pup was gonna become the new resident mad scientist, but...

If you didn't mention, this would have been a perfect entry in "Will it float?" I think that was on Letterman's show?

toadfrog

Hawn It will sit straight up in the water . When you reel it it gives a kind of a jump then the blades kick in . Just moving the pole tip around gets different reactions . It is a blast to play with even if you are not trying to catch fish . I'm eventually going to make another with different blades soon as I get the last of my production work gone and I mean GONE . Never taking on another project that ties me to the same lures day after day after day . Tackle craft is not all about making money . It's FUN FUN FUN . Wohoo I live to give somebody a giggle or here hear them say whut the h377 is that thar thang . Back to the shop for more fun and frolic .

Back