AH yes...hooks!

hhawkins

I had done the figuring and have found that the most expensive thing that I'm needing to get to support my bad habit is hooks....ouch! So, I guess the question is, Where do I find good hooks in bulk for a reasonable price? Without breaking the bank "whew!"

Hawnjigs

KISS
Many have posted that Crazy Angler is a good source for Sickles, which might be all you need for fresh water applications.

Not saying you should, but if you want to get Fed & State excise tax licenses, you can buy from Shorty's Hook Sales which supplies at the mfg. level by boxes of 1,000.

For the Feds, unless you can justify your enterprise as a "hobby" rather than a "business", you are required to apply with the IRS for an EIN (Employers Identification Number) even if you are just a one person home bizness which is your ID to pay the 10% of gross sales excise tax on sport fishing tackle. Once you have that, you can apply for a form 637 which is an exemption for the 10% excise tax often passed on to you from component suppliers like Shorty's.

OK, looking forward to what suggestions you'll get for molds.

jjsjigs

Banned
Hawnjigs said:
Many have posted that Crazy Angler is a good source for Sickles, which might be all you need for fresh water applications.

Not saying you should, but if you want to get Fed & State excise tax licenses, you can buy from Shorty's Hook Sales which supplies at the mfg. level by boxes of 1,000.

For the Feds, unless you can justify your enterprise as a "hobby" rather than a "business", you are required to apply with the IRS for an EIN (Employers Identification Number) even if you are just a one person home bizness which is your ID to pay the 10% of gross sales excise tax on sport fishing tackle. Once you have that, you can apply for a form 637 which is an exemption for the 10% excise tax often passed on to you from component suppliers like Shorty's.

OK, looking forward to what suggestions you'll get for molds.

Where do you find this form 637?

Hawnjigs

KISS
Contact your nearest IRS office and request one. Dunno if manpower hours are still available, but when I applied 10+ yrs ago an agent flew out from Honolulu to my Big Island outpost for an inspection to make sure I was legit.

If you've been unnecessarily paying 10% FET if passed on by suppliers, well, I did that for a # of years too before I found out about the exemption.

Back