Advantage Car Rental - Denver

Hawnjigs

KISS
Not specifically tackle related, but thought I should share this, since fly in fishing or otherwise trips often require a car rental.

Booked the rental right after the CO wildfire season and theater shooting thinking that would crimp visitor traffic and car demand and was right - $80 per week! After the usual low end car rental hassle of upgrade coersion due to "unavailability" of my reserved "economy" got a reasonable Ford Fiesta after a half hour wait. Car met my needs and on return after a month checkout seemed normal. LUCKILY, the shuttle bus wasn't present so I had a few minutes to review the receipt and noticed that the original $502 was $628! WTF! The original counter clerk had vanished but another clerk was able to remove the "fuel service" charge claiming the computer sometimes made an error and added it on. Yeah, sure, when the original clerk specifically asked if gas tank was full and I replied "just topped it off at the airport gas station" which entry he typed in and would have noticed an overcharge error. And, a full tank of gas in the Fiesta would cost less than $50?

So, I'm calling SCAM - watch out! According to online reviews, the newer budget price rental agencies like Advantage, Fox, Payless, and even established Enterprise get customer dings for deceptive practices like bait & switch, overcharging, and later credit card debits for damage.

Fatman

Yeah Enterprise as they're close by is getting really bad lately, but my wife goes to the one in Lebanon NH and gets really good deals.

hookup

You have to read your contract, follow it, and then when you turn in the car, check & double check your receipt. Turn in your car a good two hours before the flight, because if the check in clerk f's up, then you have to go inside & bicker. Rental car agencies rely on you showing up @ the last minute and eating any errored charges.

Also save everything - I've been called months later saying I damaged the car when the receipt said I didn't.

Back