A hot action packed 100dF day

hookup

Met up with a buddy off the boards for some non-stop smallie action. Got a few panfish in there too. Hit the water at 6:30 am and had almost non stop action all day. So good that we dragged our butts off the water around 20:00 - long day in the heat.

We did numerous dunking's to get the core body temp down and had plenty of water.

Baits that kicked it for me were Winco River Darters - basically a fluke. Got a few on bottom draggers like tubes & craws on jigs I poured. Buddy had a good day on spinnerbaits, flukes, & various other soft plastics.

There were the average sized fish we caught off & on all day. Got some dinks. Only a few had sores & the sores seemed to come from predators instead of nasties in the water.

2012630MainStem2.jpg
2012630MainStem5.jpg

Nice to see the river comming back.

stanger1944

Sounds like a great time. Got that kayak loaded down. How do ya like fishin from the yak. I just bought one and am waiting for it to come in so I can rig it up and hit some spots my boat cannot reach. Very nice looking smallies too.

JSC

Good Lookin Water & Fish

That heat can be tough but.. ifn u r catchin them who cares.

hookup

stanger1944 said:
Sounds like a great time. Got that kayak loaded down. How do ya like fishin from the yak.

That's my buddy yak. You'll see in the other pix, that I'm more of the backpacking mentality when kayak fishing.

I fish headwaters to rivers out of a yak. Use to do allot of white water until I got old & hurt my back, now I stick to moderate white water & fish the pools in between the rapids. It's awesome & usually you don't find many that venture in these area's with a motorized boat.

What's nice is you can fish alone & with someone at the same time. Hang out & bs, then split up & fish.

Back