A FEW OLDIES

JSC

Some of these are older than I am ... Not the bext Photo in the world but I think you can tell a little about them .. These are mostly the older ones I have as well as a few one of a kinds ... got another "Rack" full out in the shop.

:cool: :) :jig: :bigfish:

(Sorry about the 2 sizes ... I cut one more than I thought to make it fit.)

Attachments

• 01BottomLureBoard.jpg
    01BottomLureBoard.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 02TopLureBoard.jpg
    02TopLureBoard.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 108

toadfrog

Yep got a couple stuck around here somewhere . When you JSC Said older than you . I was expecting deer bone hook with a mussel shell as a blade . Oh oww ! don't hit me no more . Got me through telepathy.

JSC

"I was expecting deer bone hook with a mussel shell as a blade "

I don't have any good Pixes of them .. Just can remember them (That goes with gettin older .. Note I said "Gettin Older" not gettin OLD)
:)

snake River

I deftly have every one of those in the picture and then some I would have to put them up for display in snap a shot but we have them before most of us were born and I am 65 years old this April I have a couple in my collection that I was offer over $300 for I will not sell them they are keepsakes from a dear friend of mine we have been clicking ever since I was 13 years old we do not use the old boys to fish with they are strictly wall hangers.

redman

Wow thanks for sharing it sure brings back a lot of memories for me. Spoonplugs and Bagley's Bang O B's. Those took some Nice Muskies in some of the northern lakes I fished. Nothing can compare with a 25 Lb Muskie hitting a lure while trolling. And those were two of the best.

Redman

Fatman

J

I think everyone wish's they kept the box's!!!!!! When I worked at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station in Civil Engineering one of the computer guys who knew I did alot of fishing asked me to value some stuff for him. Brought me 4 of the old UMCO 7 tray tackle box's.

I'm thinking ok just a few bucks here and there .......

I thought I was gonna have heart failure right then and there when I opened that first box - Bass oreno's, lucky 13's, CCB's of all kinds and size's, and the list went on. All of them brand new in original box's and they still had the price written on them from the tackle store he got them from 1.05, .95!!!!!! Box 2 was my favorite waterdogs, hellbenders, vamp spooks, hawiian wigglers, and more.

Turn's out these 4 box's were his overfill box's choke!!!!!!!!! We had just gotten bonus checks and I offered to give him the whole thing for the lures, even box 2 just for that one. But no honest me I told him he had ALOT of money sitting there.

Not being a fisherman he took them to an auction house and they sold for $18,000!!!!!!!!! and that was back in 1994. Still hurts to think about it.

JSC

FMan ... you sure do know how to make us say ... why didnt I save those boxes ... And yep you missed one there ... new in the boxes with the old prices still on them ... don't get any better than that for old lures.
-----------
RedMan ... I would like to have one of those big Muskies or Northens hit one of thos baits out trolling ... largest Bass that I ever had that I know of was with the spoon plug back in the late 50's ... I had been running the edges of some "Coon Tail" and if you hung any of it you just "ripped" it off .... well I went to "rip" this one and it pulled back ... was on a little 12 Alum Jon Boat with a 5 HP Evinrude at a little better than 3/4 speed .... well I slightly swung the boat to one side and cut the motor ... all was fine exept I froze on the reel (old direct Bait Caster fact it was a Langley "Streamlite") and was using 12# line ... wrong I reached out as far as I could before the line parted ... He jumped 3 times after I lost him ... had a boat drift fishin and the fish was jumping between us so I had a good reference to compare the size ... I would put him in the "Teen Age" size .... I just could not keep my self in the trolling mode so the spoon plugs were kinda hung out to dry.

Back