A evening at the pass

flatsrat76

I went out to the pass for a couple of hours today and caught 3 Pompano 4 trout 3 ladyfish 5 Spanish Mackerel and a grunt. I caught most of the fish on a Pompano jig except the keeper Pompano and trout were caught on a Bucktail ment for Redfish.
glider284.jpg

Flatsrat76

Hawnjigs

KISS
All on jigs - good job! Multi-species bites are the best! Hows about a pic of your obviously killer jig patterns?

Don't know why those are called "trout", they look a bit like walleye.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nice fish! Some good eats there, have had (and caught a few as a child) sea trout before, but never pompano. The popano have to be awsome fighters with such a broad body. If i remember right those trout only have a couple sharp teeth right up front, but the body shape is very close to walleye.

Congrats! :cool:

flatsrat76

AtticaFish said:
Nice fish! Some good eats there, have had (and caught a few as a child) sea trout before, but never pompano. The popano have to be awsome fighters with such a broad body. If i remember right those trout only have a couple sharp teeth right up front, but the body shape is very close to walleye.

Congrats! :cool:

Your right about the Pompano, If you tied a trout and a Pompano together the Pompano would pull the trout that size inside out :p
Hawnjigs
The trout are actually in the drum family and they do have some nasty k9s

OKSTATEjiggy

Nice fish Flatsrat!! I've caught a few trout, sheepshead, and black drum, and absolutely love catching fish in the salt. Is it just me or do saltwater fish fight harder than freshwater fish???

flatsrat76

OKSTATEjiggy said:
Nice fish Flatsrat!! I've caught a few trout, sheepshead, and black drum, and absolutely love catching fish in the salt. Is it just me or do saltwater fish fight harder than freshwater fish???

I have to agree with you on that. I no longer fish freshwater:D

Back