360 of the pass

flatsrat76

360 of the pass and some Pompano :D

100_1208.jpg

100_1209.jpg

Flatsrat76

Hawnjigs

KISS
Is a FL "pass" the elevated bridge structure? JJ2 refers an Outer Banks "pass" to connecting channels between protected water and open ocean.

Do FL pomps try to poop on lures?

flatsrat76

Hawnjigs said:
Is a FL "pass" the elevated bridge structure? JJ2 refers an Outer Banks "pass" to connecting channels between protected water and open ocean.

Do FL pomps try to poop on lures?

A Pass
A channel of water that lies between two land masses.

Kind of funny but to the best of my knowledge they do not defecate on lures :D But a ass or butt hooked Pompano puts up 2x the fight:p

Flatsrat76

Hawnjigs

KISS
More bridge showing than water in the pic so I wondered...

Yup, body hooked fish do kick up a fuss. Try tail hooking the next one.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Think i may have fished that exact area with my grandparents when i was a kid, they lived in largo. I can remember fishing UNDER a bridge at St. John's something or other though, sorta close to a place that had a boardwalk with lots of fancy shops and a whole lot of charter fishing boats. We fished a bunch of different bridges (think the one by clearwater the most) and always had to take a fish ID book with us to know what we were catching. :cool: Usually just grunts, but can remember catching a few of the striped sheephead one time and my grandfather was VERY hapy! We also fished the old Sunshine Skyway but seemed like we only ever caught catfish (sailcats?) and stingray from there. Thanks for bringing back some good memories..... :)

flatsrat76

AtticaFish said:
Think i may have fished that exact area with my grandparents when i was a kid, they lived in largo. I can remember fishing UNDER a bridge at St. John's something or other though, sorta close to a place that had a boardwalk with lots of fancy shops and a whole lot of charter fishing boats. We fished a bunch of different bridges (think the one by clearwater the most) and always had to take a fish ID book with us to know what we were catching. :cool: Usually just grunts, but can remember catching a few of the striped sheephead one time and my grandfather was VERY hapy! We also fished the old Sunshine Skyway but seemed like we only ever caught catfish (sailcats?) and stingray from there. Thanks for bringing back some good memories..... :)

Hey Atticafish you were fishing on Johns Pass, The Boardwalk and shops are on the other side of the bridge. I think the clearwater bridge you are talking about is called the sand key Clearwater bridge another great spot for Snook,Flounder,Trout and Tarpon and the skyway is a cool bridge also..:cool:
Flatsrat76

Back