2/15/14 Attica Res #2

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got up early and drove up to the reservoir. Only had to cut 5 holes and found some fish near the bottom. Tried to tough it out on the bucket for a while, but the wind kicked up and set up my shanty. Lots of action but mostly dink gills. Did manage 5 large enough to clean, thankfully in winter they are usually pretty thick. Caught a 10" crappie as well. :icon14: Once the tingling gets out of my fingers and toes, i will run out to my car and get a picture of the willow blade fly they were hitting on......

View attachment 1

View attachment 2

12 pieces of fish will make a nice side snack with dinner tonight. :beer:

Attachments

• 100_7063_e.jpg
    100_7063_e.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_7066_e.jpg
    100_7066_e.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 68

Kdog

Way to brave the cold, wind and whatever. I spent the morning cleaning the driveway so the wife could go shopping

CandiCane

I don't think I'd survive somewhere that is cold enough to freeze lakes over. Two snow storms, kids out of school for three days, and an earthquake is enough for me in the last few days. It is supposed to be in the mid 70's next week though! Now that is fishing weather. Too bad I have to work

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
With the wind chill so low my kids have not been able to get out to play in the snow much recently. Son (8) is getting a bit of cabin fever and was asking again today if he could go out and play. Told him he could go out and sit in the shanty with me on the pond since it was out of the wind and actually gets pretty comfortable inside once it is all zipped up. He decided he would give it a try...... first he has ever been fishing on the ice.

View attachment 3

Took me a while to get him to sit down (and still) long enough to get a few fish under us. He enjoyed watching the flasher and figured it out quick. Makes fishing a lot more interactive when you can see the fish (and your bait) as marks on the screen. He caught 2 fish before it was time to go in for diner. Even asked me if we could go up to the reservoir tomorrow. Don't think he has ever ASKED ME to go fishing, usually the other way around.

View attachment 4

Good day. :)

Attachments

• 100_7073_e.jpg
    100_7073_e.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_7076_e.jpg
    100_7076_e.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 44

Kdog

I always love seeing the young'uns catching fish. Those smiles are priceless

Back