1/17/15 - Attica #2

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got out yesterday afternoon after taking my boy sledding. He wanted to fish too, but was soaked after sledding and only fished for about 15 minutes before he called it quits. Dropped him off at home and went back up. Took 4 trips to this reservoir so far but finally found some active bluegill. Marked fish in a hole i cut a ways from where i had fished last week so i fired the auger back up and cut 10 holes in a big circle in the area. Baited a rod and let it sit for a little while and several fish would come in to investigate. Had to switch back and forth between my slab spoons and jig to convince them to bit. Just kept jumping holes in the circle and caught 8 keepers pretty quick but then had to come home for dinner. Left them biting...... can still see 2 separate fish on the flasher when i packed up to leave. Be heading back up there in a little while to try & replicate my results. :cool:

View attachment 3

View attachment 4

Attachments

• 100_8472_e.jpg
    100_8472_e.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_8476_e.jpg
    100_8476_e.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 52

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't do nearly as well tonight. Only 2 gills and a small bass. Ice is just a little under 8" right now. It had about 4" of snow on top all last week but rain last night took care of that. Very easy to drag the sled today. Didn't have to drill any holes either since they ones from yesterday never froze. Those holes are going to turn into drains thou and rot out twice the size they should be before we get back to consistent freezing temps later this week. Good thing i am the only one fishing here...... i know where all the holes are.

Back