Search results

  1. H

    jewel in the shallows

    Couple nails and a board is what I use to use as a wire bender. Now I buy them pre bent and make modifications when I need too
  2. H

    night fishing

    I keep telling the local guides they need to put packages together for the British to carp fish over here. Our rivers are full of monster carp
  3. H

    My best painted jigs

    Since allot of the jigs I make are on smaller hooks, I clean the eyes before baking - allot easier. Have one of those hand eye cleaners that take of about 90% of the paint. They hit the eye with an old box cutter blade and scrap off the remaining 10%
  4. H

    Anniversary gift

    Morning smoke Chopped up fresh ginger, garlic, and onion real fine. Mixed with soy sauce, teriyaki, shirasa, brown sugar and EVOO. Marinated for 24 hours. Smoking with hickory.
  5. H

    jewel in the shallows

    JJ - I bought the harnesses already formed. Added a swivel and a big ( I think #3?) blade. I fish a local stream we name "the little Jewel" because it's so productive and most wouldn't even thing there's fish in it.
  6. H

    night fishing

    I wear on of those head lamps from Petzl. Just don't turn and stare at your fishing partner or you'll blind them
  7. H

    Anniversary gift

    Nice thing Hawn is they all work well. I've used all the smokers for both meat & fish. Each smoker has a learning curve and I'm working to learn this one. And I wanted to play with fire again LOL
  8. H

    Anniversary gift

    I'm been smoking meat for the past 30 years. Usually use an old grill converted to a smoker until they rust out. About 8 years ago bought a box smoker from Wally World and it worked, but always wanted a Weber. The box smoker bit the dust early this year and my wife's been missing me smoking...
  9. H

    night fishing

    For small mouth, anything black that moves allot of water
  10. H

    Ordering Out of Country?

    I stoped buying anything directly from China on eBay or Amazon. Never get what's advertised and to go through the issues to return just isn't worth the hassle. Never tried Ali
  11. H

    Salt

    I normally fish white perch with a UL and 4# mono. What's really cool is the bonus fish you hook up when targeting the perch Here's a lizard fish I got - first ever And red fish
  12. H

    jewel in the shallows

    Last couple years I started chasing white perch too. Great fun on UL. I normally wake up at o'dark thirty and come home by twilight. You're right, they are tasty. But I learned a lesson - came home with a bunch of them after a full day fishing and then had to fillet them. Worked into the...
  13. H

    More jigs using crinkle paint

    Nice job again Jim. Definitely eye candy.
  14. H

    Latest Mustad Jig Hooks

    Couple months ago was able to stock up on Matzuo's. Barlows must have had a hidden stash they found and was able to get all the sizes I fish with. When I couldn't get Matzuo's, got some Eagle Claw Little Nasties. They work nicely too
  15. H

    My best painted jigs

    I think I just had a flashback .... Nice paint job!
  16. H

    Personal best

    Had an outrageous day chasing white perch about a month ago. Over 100 each, fish on almost every cast and even a small stripper or two. Even got a PB white perch.
  17. H

    Sorry about no title. Still getting the hang of the new layout
  18. H

    Decided to change things up because the small mouth bass fishing has been terrible on my local waters. Made some safety spinners and hand poured & painted jigs. Cheated and used Gulp to tip instead of a skirt. Pickles like them
  19. H

    Changes?

    Been a while for me too. Between work, family, and fish'n been a while since I've been here. Still tying jigs. Still pouring. Still painting. Still fishing. Hope all is well for everyone.
  20. H

    Status of old threads

    Old user ID and password still works
Top