Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any interest?
04-12-2010, 07:10 AM,
Any interest?
Any interest in a fly swap, if so what kind? Meaning a free for all or nymph/dry, pattern specific style, species specific, etc.. I know Doc and I talked a little bit about it over PM but trying to test the waters with others on here as well. I will host if Doc doesn't want to since he mentioned the idea to me I will leave it up to him to choose.

If there is interest lets throw some ideas around and get one going I know this will be my first fly swap.
04-12-2010, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2010, 07:43 AM by Jubs.)
RE: Any interest?
Definitely in no rush on this, I should have made the clear just wanted to put a feeler out for interest and see if it would just end up being Doc and I or not lol. I agree a free for all would be best.

Yes there are some techniques that transfer (woolly bugger for sure) but I think flies are more of a challenge than jigs by far but are still fun to tie and for some give you some new ways to use new or even the same materials in a different and/or new way.

Now just don't ask me to tie a biot bodied blue winged olive or any other biot bodied dry fly and we will be ok HA! I fought that biot for longer than I want to admit.

This is for fun and not a contest so if you're interested please don't feel intimidated and I will try to help if I can but I am no expert by far but have a little experience and can use google like you wouldn't believe haha! Seriously though, those of you that would like to try it and have no experience with it I can come up with a list of patterns that are good beginner patterns to consider and I am sure others with experience will be willing to help as well.
04-12-2010, 08:52 AM,
I was going to suggest this idea as well. I have very little experience in tying flies, but it would be fun to see what the fellow jig tyers could come up with in a fly pattern. Let's broaden our horizons and maybe learn something too.
Missouri Crappie Crippler
04-12-2010, 03:38 PM,
I would have some interest as well. Wink Would depend alot on the numbers and type of tie, i mostly fly fish for BG and bass, actually tie alot of clousers/buggers for smallmouth because i loose so many, and the (very) occasional steelhead ties.
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
04-12-2010, 05:35 PM,
Glad to see a couple more people interested! I mostly tie for gills, crappie and will be moving on to some more bass stuff soon. I just bought some different colors of spinning hair yesterday and have played with it some in the past but trimming it is my problem I need to practice more with getting the shapes down better.

I am with Attica I don't think having large fly swaps would be enjoyable to me it takes me too long with some of the patterns.
04-12-2010, 11:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2010, 11:16 PM by Jubs.)
What patterns are you thinking about?
04-13-2010, 10:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2010, 10:30 PM by OKSTATEjiggy.)
Hey! I'm down for a fly swap! Smile I started off tying flies and really enjoy it... well, I really enjoy all tying. I don't know off the top of my head what pattern I would tie for this swap, or what species I would tie for, but it'll be fun.
04-13-2010, 11:22 PM,
Sounds great - also interested - little rusty though
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM,
I am glad to see this much interest! Yeah I will let things wind down for a week or two but start thinking about a pattern everyone and I will announce Fly Swap #1 in a week or two and give everyone plenty of time with the swap to round up supplies or anything else they might need to do.
05-25-2010, 10:59 AM,
(04-14-2010, 03:16 PM)Jubs Wrote: I am glad to see this much interest! Yeah I will let things wind down for a week or two but start thinking about a pattern everyone and I will announce Fly Swap #1 in a week or two and give everyone plenty of time with the swap to round up supplies or anything else they might need to do.
I'd be intersted in a fly swap,I tied flys before I switched over to jigs. I don't fly fish much do to shoulder problems. My 7wt Sage killed my arm so now just use the 3wt. I could definitely find something to tie.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fly Swap Interest HairyMooseKnuckles 7 2,358 06-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Last Post: HairyMooseKnuckles