Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going Big - LMB
01-07-2011, 03:07 AM,
RE: Going Big - LMB
wow!! i like... look like they could be some good smallie catchers there! awsome work once again attica!
01-07-2011, 03:54 PM,
Thanks for the comments everyone! Smile

LH - Powder paint one of these days... but wow would i need lots of different colors! For now - NP is fairly cheap with hundreds of colors to choose from and if i don't like the result of a color - my daughter will gladly take it. It has taken some time, but have figured out ways to blend colors top to bottom and make a smooth gradient.

Pup - I did not use thinner, but can see where it would be needed with this 5 min stuff. Will give it a try. Only did these 2 heads and weed guards on 2 others - any more time and it would have gotten too hard to deal with!

RD & JSC - Big Grin @ 1/4oz., these will ONLY be tied on one of my walleye/bass medium action rods that are spooled with 12lb line. If i loose one on a monster fish, that wouldn't hurt my feelings too bad...... on a rock or downed tree - cover your ears children!!!!!!!

steve r. - Never gave these a thought for the smallies, that 4/0 hook looks HUGE!!! Tongue I bet the style would work though, may have to make some up with lighter heads/smaller hooks.
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
01-08-2011, 01:39 AM,
Russ,
I never thought that black would look so good. Beautiful, just beautiful Icon14 Icon14
"Practice, practice and more practice, and when you think you're good practice some more." circa 2006, Cadman
01-08-2011, 02:05 AM,
NIIICE! Great looking ties! I especially like the heads you painted and epoxied. That epoxy over the paint/polish and glitter really brings it to life. The time you put into those jigs really shows. Icon14

John
01-23-2011, 01:26 AM,
Half hour to tie? You're looking at a few hours of time for me to get one of those done. Really nice work.Paint is exceptional.