Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going Big - LMB
01-06-2011, 01:01 AM,
Wink  Going Big - LMB
Presenting the tag team duo...

Both bullet heads are weighing in at 1/4oz. - with a powerfull 4/0 Ultra Point black nickel right 'hook' - these bad boys will be swimming/ripping through some weedy holes at my local sweet spot this spring. Big Grin

Arkansas Buck/Rabbit Shad: Sporting a 2-tone magnum rabbit zonker tail with gray bucktail body and trimmed with pearl midge flash throughout. Just a pinch of red flash at the throat...

[Image: 101_2278_e.jpg]

Shad n' Jig: Dressed with a 5" American Shad color TurboFlare Skirt, this competitor will most likely be bringing a Northern Bluegill 5" Kalins Grub as a trailer to the fight... or maybe an all black cut-off ribbon tail power bait as a back up. Happy swimming. Smile

[Image: 101_2268_e.jpg]

The bullet heads came from Cadman. Cool I painted them with black and platinum nail polish, put some multi-color glitter polish to the top and red glitter to the gill area. Added some 3D eyes and coated the whole works with 5-min. epoxy when i added on the weed guards. The tied jig will be thrown carefully.... took me almost half an hour to tie!!!! Haha, fun time well spent. Look out big mouths!
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
01-06-2011, 01:07 AM,
RE: Going Big - LMB
Those are nice! Good luck!
H.Hawkins
01-06-2011, 01:46 AM,
Attica, Those are off the hook. The tail on the top picture is awesome.
01-06-2011, 08:06 AM,
Great stuff - thought you had gotten into powder painting
01-06-2011, 09:08 AM,
AF,

Nice-looking jigs. Exceptional paint job. Your epoxy coat looks great! Did you add thinner to your 5-minute epoxy? Great work with the multi-color/glitter. Cool

I use 5-minute epoxy occasionally, but have to thin it with isopropyl alcohol in order to buy extra working time for multiple jigs.
01-06-2011, 11:19 AM,
Looks good.
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM,
I could rave for thirty minutes . Thats as good looking as I've seen in a while.
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM,
Love the paint, Russ! Great jigs. Dont lose those... Better use the heavy line!
01-06-2011, 07:40 PM,
Great looking ties AF !!
"Only death will end my love affair with Texas." Bob Bullock
01-06-2011, 09:07 PM,
I think U better just hang that one up and make a few not so good lookin to fish with so U will Not loose it ... Great Job.

JSC
JSC _________ http://www.zibbet.com/ThinkLikeAFish
On The Choctawhatchee