Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOOLY RUBBER DUCK TUTORIAL
04-24-2013, 09:43 PM,
WOOLY RUBBER DUCK TUTORIAL
Materials used are 1/16 walleye head on a #4 bronze sickle, chartreuse uni floss,natural white sculpin wool, fl.yellow and natural mallard flank,size 70 chartreuse ultra thread and chartreuse/white reptile rubber. STEP #1 Tie in the floss at the bend and return thread to head. Tie in white sculpin wool at head. Next tie fl.yellow mallard on top,turn jig over and add the natural mallard to bottom or jigs belly. Last step is adding a two piece strand of reptile rubber to bottom and tie off. With the reptile rubber you can split the strands or leave them together. I'm going to try both tomorrow morning.                    
04-24-2013, 09:46 PM,
RE: WOOLY RUBBER DUCK TUTORIAL
Looks sweet. Never seen before. What is your experience with the lure and color designs?
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM,
More pics of more ducks. Last one's I used yellow craft hair instead of the wool and used floss in the throat instead of the rubber on both colors.                
04-24-2013, 09:56 PM,
EXCELLENT!! Thanks for the step-by-step!
Pepop's Lake Palestine Jig's
My NEW web page is now online. Check it out!
04-24-2013, 10:15 PM,
Like cake to a fat kid..... those jigs will be to fish. Love the ducks, Jim.
Never say, “It’s good enough to catch fish”, because fish eat worms and marshmallows…you want to be better than that. Practice until you can do it right. - Charlie Craven
04-24-2013, 10:18 PM,
I'm not sure what you mean pb. I've been playing with duck feathers for many years and my first tie that caught fish was a duck jig. Crappie and gills ate the feathers off that jig until there was nothing left but thread. I've changed a few things since then and all work. I dye most of my own duck feathers, The second more natural duck jig was dyed using UV dyes that I found on ebay. I believe fish see these better, they have to see it before they can eat it. One picture shows how it looks under a black light.
04-24-2013, 10:20 PM,
qk, I know you've been doing well with the ducks. That black crappie you caught was a pig.
04-24-2013, 11:45 PM,
They just move and look right in the water..... and I know cold water crappie like them! That orange dyed gadwall jig is just sweet.
Never say, “It’s good enough to catch fish”, because fish eat worms and marshmallows…you want to be better than that. Practice until you can do it right. - Charlie Craven
04-25-2013, 06:00 AM,
Jim really nice tie and tutorial!!!!!!!!

Plate - using the flank feather over craft fur or wool is almost like reds satin jigs except with feathers. And they work!!! I can't even keep track of all the color combinations Jims posted with flank feathers.
04-25-2013, 07:04 AM,
Jim....thanks for info that is what I needed. FM thanks! Will build a few today. Have large cluster of pheasant feathers from this fall. Jim one more questions......how are you putting dye to the feathers and with what product?

Thanks in advance

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scud Jig Tutorial AndyLane 11 4,317 02-13-2018, 01:01 AM
Last Post: LedHed
  A tutorial on tying the Wool&Satin jig -video StumpHunter 27 6,449 02-13-2018, 12:53 AM
Last Post: LedHed
  Some more Fuzzy Autos - Rubber Chicken AllenOK 5 743 07-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Pup
  White Wooly Bugger Jigs AllenOK 9 1,131 03-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Pup
  PB RATTLER TUTORIAL JUNGLEJIM1 12 1,120 08-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Deepfry