Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat on a jig
07-17-2010, 07:26 PM,
RE: Cat on a jig
Hey Rad, Congrats on a great cat on light gear!! These cats are starting to prove to me to be IDEAL jig fish & a load of fun on light gear (isn't that long FIGHT why we go fishing??!!). I found this little article on catfish senses ; http://home.earthlink.net/~catfish_billy/id39.html and wonder why we all don't concentrate on a big, hard hitting fish that seems just built to go after our little leadheads & spins! Or to paraphrase Bluto from "Animal House" (if he were a jigger & still alive), "you have to be INSANE to go after monsters with tiny hunks of hair & little limber rods, AND WE'RE JUST THE GUYS TO DO IT !!!"
07-17-2010, 10:54 PM,
She was a blast on light tackle.One of the best things about the battle was when I hooked her,we we just outside the main launch cove.By the time I got her onbaord we had 4-5 boats,a couple of jetskier's and a guy in a tube (fishing) as an audience.

BTW she did get back after a couple of pics !!!
[Image: herekitty006-1.jpg]
[Image: herekitty007-1.jpg]
"Only death will end my love affair with Texas." Bob Bullock
07-18-2010, 12:11 AM,
Holy......its true what they say about Texas ! Approx. how much would a beast like that weigh?
07-18-2010, 11:24 AM,
My handheld scale had her @ 49#-15,so Im gonna call it 50 !!! That should be about right.My partner that was in the boat that day had a certified 39 the weekend before,on the same crankbait.
"Only death will end my love affair with Texas." Bob Bullock
07-18-2010, 02:34 PM,
the reason the fins were cut is, he was used for bait for much larger cats...look on the top rightdown by his tail at that hole. thats where the big hook was placed into him....from the picture thats what it looks like to me
aka Pbug2009
TEACHER!!!! Leave them kids alone