Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Sponsors - what to do?
11-04-2012, 10:40 AM,
RE: Site Sponsors - what to do?
While I can't speak for all the members of this site. I can truthfully say no reasonable person would object to you being rewarded for all your time and effort. Regardless of what some say profit is NOT a dirty word.

Going commercial is not selling your soul to the devil. The fact that you came on here and asked for opinions speaks volumes. Like JJ stated the people I buy from is not going to change. Only they could change that and I don't see anyone morphing into a s******d on this site. Wish I could say the same about a few other sites I belong to.

Whatever you have been doing has attracted a lot of great people to this site. So I would trust to your own " gut " instinct and go with it.

Only caveat is if you do become rich and famous I am not above you paying for my breakfast. ;-)
AKA- hays47
11-05-2012, 09:40 AM,
If a little advertising will help you than way not. I enjoy this site and the tyers that we have as members.
Ronnie
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM,
Attica

It's your board, do what you want to do with it and your membership will support you.

Keep in mind, as soon as you start taking $$'s, you may have to explain the additional income to the IRS. Even though it's not much $$, those big companies do file taxes, and if it's documented that $x.xx is going to jigcrafters, that's income.

11-05-2012, 11:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012, 11:09 AM by JSC.)
From Hookup "It's your board, do what you want to do with it and your membership will support you.

Keep in mind, as soon as you start taking $$'s, you may have to explain the additional income to the IRS. Even though it's not much $$, those big companies do file taxes, and if it's documented that $x.xx is going to jigcrafters, that's income. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X2 .... If some one does not support you so be it ... a fact of life ... you need some compensation & are due it .... another inflated .02 cents worth (what will .02 buy today ??? )
JSC _________ http://www.zibbet.com/ThinkLikeAFish
On The Choctawhatchee
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM,
Site Sponsors - what to do?
(11-03-2012, 07:32 PM)ragged edge Wrote: I say go for it! The time and expense you put in merits something in return. Personally, I overlook ads. As far as sponsors go the members here know who the BS suppliers are and will continue to buy from their own supplier that they are comfortable doing business with.. I feel like the other members on here pretty much feel the same way.........my .02

X2
11-05-2012, 04:39 PM,
Thanks for all the comments - no remarks (so far) shooting down the overall idea, so will most likely move forward with it. Just have to get all the details worked out.

Pup - Some excellent info. I can say i will clearly write out that it is advertising only and they will have no sway in the direction of the site. Never really thought of that and want to keep this site moving in the direction the active members want, rather than share holders. Wink Point noted!

- Don't think i want to charge for signature links. I feel the active members have the right to at least that much. I don't want to try and squeeze anything out of a small tying/production company when the margins are tight already. That goes along with trying to enforce rules too - i don't want to be the signature police. haha

- I was hoping to hear from more of the small biz owners that we have here. Those members are the ones who would be potentially impacted....... but as was said several times, members here seem to have more loyalty than the general public. Maybe that is tied to the fact that we all have personal opinion on exactly what we want and like the customization and customer service we get from the one-on-one business relations. As a side note, i will be adding in some extra 'perks' to those members who do already have custom jig tying businesses or other product sites. Wink

- I will not censor any good/bad reviews of customer service or products. As long as it is not written as a personal attack, i am fine with it. We have all had bad deals with purchases in our life - stay away from your personal butthurt feelings and stick to the facts - they will speak for them self..... the facts that is. :p Leaving honest customer service and product reports out in the public eye makes companies a little more critical of how they do business.

- Never have felt like it is 'my' business or board - if members did not post, there would be nothing but my hot air coming out of Ohio. That would not be good. Rolleyes Already do have an accountant that does our taxes so as long as i keep tabs on the in/out flow, she should be able to figure that out for me. May have to set up an appointment before i go any further though.

Bill - no matter how rich and famous, doubt my tastes will get much more fancy that a Denny's breakfast. And i sure will pick up the bill!

Thanks again for all the comments and i am willing to hear more added to these - Russ - Jig
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
11-05-2012, 07:00 PM,
AF - long time ago I made up my mind to become filthy rich. I am proud to announce I am halfway there I am at least filthy. The wife says on my successful fishing days I even smell filthy. Must be something to the phrase " smell of success " LOL
AKA- hays47

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Site Traffic Stats AtticaFish 7 2,458 03-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Last Post: QPassage
  Double post alerts coming from JigCraft site. cadman 2 2,870 11-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Last Post: cadman
Information Site Info AtticaFish 11 3,882 08-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jig Man