Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not quite as good as a Senko...
10-02-2012, 10:41 PM,
RE: Not quite as good as a Senko...
Thanks for the info.
10-02-2012, 10:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012, 11:01 PM by Pup.)
I dig it. Cool More durable than a 3-fish Senko. Though a different style of bait, I still see bass written all over it.

Does the barb of your hook somehow rest between the rabbit strips à la Texas rigging?
10-02-2012, 11:27 PM,
Awesome work! Cant wait to see the fish pics now.
10-03-2012, 11:27 AM,
(10-02-2012, 10:58 PM)Pup Wrote: I dig it. Cool More durable than a 3-fish Senko. Though a different style of bait, I still see bass written all over it.

Does the barb of your hook somehow rest between the rabbit strips à la Texas rigging?

You can see from the picture that the shape of the hook means the bunny can move down along the vertical portion of the hook shank, but the bend in the hook near the bard doesn't allow the bunny to come undone.

And the lead on the belly of the hook works to keep the hook point up, and the bunny is more buoyant so it stays up against the horizontal side of the hook making it weedless.

When you fish it, the little notch at the front between the eye and the krystal chenille is where you'll collect weeds and moss. But it's not too bad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

10-06-2012, 10:10 AM,
I never thought I'd see a tie done on a weighted hook meant for swimbaits but it works!! I like the fact that you basically made a "hard" worm, a lot of ingenuity in that bait, nicely done!!