Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's See Some "Baby Bass"
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 05:42 PM by SaltyBuckster.)
Let's See Some "Baby Bass"
I had a few of these olive and white painted Rondon Ultra Minnows sitting around.After looking at them they reall started looking like baby bass.These two are 1/12 oz. one with a size 4 sickle and the other with a size 6.Do you guys think the straight line or the dots works best on the lateral line?Going to tie them in marabou.For a crappie bait.I have to fget a new camera,I believe.Can't get it to focus correctly.
I think the salt in saltwater gives fish that distictive Wonderfull flavor.
05-01-2012, 07:49 PM,
RE: Let's See Some "Baby Bass"
I will.It takes good full shots outside,but the little closeups are what gets me.
05-01-2012, 11:23 PM,
Are you using macro mode? Macro mode is for taking close up pictures of small objects. Newer, smarter cameras will automatically go into macro mode when you focus on the subject, but on older cameras you usually need to select it from a menu or button/control dial.
05-02-2012, 12:45 AM,
Bruce - post up what type and model number your camera is so we know what we are dealing with...... we'll have you snapping pictures for the cover of Vouge in no time. Vouge does a fishing issue.... right?
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
05-02-2012, 09:19 AM,
It's a "Sony Cyber-shot" 7.2 pixel,3X Zoom,High sensitivity iso 1000,Model# is DSC-S650.I have it on the macro mode,it acts like it is doing something to focus but comes out fuzzy looking.
05-02-2012, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012, 10:58 AM by SaltyBuckster.)
Been messing around with it.That's what I'm trying to get rid of.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

05-02-2012, 11:55 AM,
are you holding the button 1/2 way down to auto focus before snapping the pic?
SLAB STIK'R JIGS

TNT Tackle
05-02-2012, 12:31 PM,
^ What he said. ^ That is a fancy camera and should take good pics with out changing any factory settings. At 7.2 MP you have more than twice the quality that my camera has. Couple of other general things:

- Make sure the Macro setting is on. Tongue

- Looks like you have the flash on...... turn it off and just turn on some xtra-light or (better yet) take it outside.

- Use a background with a matte finish, not the glossy table you used in that photo. Glossy picks up glare and also messes with the auto-focus feature if it is very reflective. A piece of concrete or UN-finished wood works great. Paper works as well but plain white can be tricky to get light colored details to show.

- Steady the camera. If you don't have a mini tri-pod, stack up some books or rest your hand against something to keep it steady when you push the button.

- Push the button halfway down (as Happy explained above) and watch the LCD screen.... if it looks out of focus there, let up on the button and move the camera back just a little or use a slightly different angle.
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM,
Yes,I am.Holding the camera steady against something,also.Don't get it.The little blue macro light comes on and it acts like it is focussing.
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM,
Ok,checked it out and followed all directions.This is what I got.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)