Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mold questions for redman
02-26-2018, 07:34 PM,
RE: mold questions for redman
(02-25-2018, 10:14 PM)redear Wrote: I bought some primer paint yesterday for my press frame now that the rust has been cleaned off, will try not to let it get that way again. ledhead showed a link to janns netcraft I think it was and they are carrying a mustad brand version of a sickle jighook and looks to be longer in the length, I wonder how sharp they will be. I'm tempted to try some.

.jpeg   162A0C90-BD88-42B2-8BFE-E1A81C9C2B84.jpeg (Size: 21.92 KB / Downloads: 49)
Here’s the hook it comes in bronze and black buckle.
02-26-2018, 10:47 PM,
yeah Mustad did a good job too on the crappie lite jighooks which are extra thin wire and very sharp and they bend out most of the time when snagged, so I would be willing to try another mustad offering, you never know till you have it in your hand or fish it though, so much you can miss through a pic.
02-28-2020, 05:01 AM,
hey guys, sorry I haven't been on here in a long while, my nerve disease has really made my hands etc. very weak and uncoordinated and pouring jigheads is pretty hard for me anymore. I have retired and kind of started hunting deer more again around my farm with crossbow and muzzleloader etc. it's real hard for me to get into and out of a boat anymore too as my legs are really weak too. just wanted to say hi to ya'll. kip
02-29-2020, 06:14 PM,
Howdy, nice of you to check in. I wonder what happened to the old timers like yourself who no longer post on the forum.
03-16-2020, 04:12 AM,
Hawnjigs, thanks, I do miss pouring jigs, I can still do it but I am ultra slow with it. 4 1/2 years ago my health insurance quit paying for my expensive treatments unless my condition got worse. well when I got more nerve damage I couldn't get the function back with treatment, I could only keep it from getting worse.It was probably some of my doctors fault too for telling me it wont do any good to fight it yet. I somehow blame myself too. I think the govt somehow is letting the insurance companies get away with this stuff. this all went down the instant obama care came into action, I can't help but think it had something to do with them cutting me off with the treatments.
03-16-2020, 04:13 AM,
Heck I think it's been 5 years, time flies.
03-16-2020, 08:55 AM,
Health insurance companies bottom line is profit meaning they will not pay out more $ than they take in. I've posted before how the industry makes HUGE contributions to lawmakers to continue bizness as usual. So you are correct that " the govt somehow is letting the insurance companies get away with this stuff".

The Affordable Care Act was signed into law almost exactly 10 years ago.

Sorry to contradict, I sympathize with your situation, and at my (our) age my time will come sooner than later.
03-16-2020, 09:10 AM,
Here's an example how the health insurance industry buys lawmakers - from a 2019 investigative article:

"Sen. Rob Portman, an Ohio Republican, received $188,000 from the 10 largest healthcare companies. Todd Young, R-Ind., reported getting $187,250, and Pat Casey, a Pennsylvania Republican, received more than $182,000."

As for government sponsored healthcare advocates like Bernie Sanders:

"The Vermont independent reported $1,273 in contributions from the healthcare companies and their employees for his Senate campaigns over the last six years."
Yesterday, 04:06 AM,
the affordable health care act may have been signed into law 10 years ago but everyones health care insurance didn't go in the crapper in the beginning. It hit us about 5 years in, just guessing here. I had good insurance for 28 years and then something happened where all us factory workers in the area lost our good health plans and high premiums and high deductibles and high maximum out of pocket limits hit us all. so we were paying much more and getting much less all the sudden. this is when cigna sent me a letter saying they wouldnt pay for my treatments anymore unless my condition became worse. well when my nerves deteriiorated and with that proof I was able to get the treatments again but I never regained my nerve function I lost. I had one of the best neuro doctors around and he told me we had no case to fight it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Close to a redman jig clone....maybe! plateboater 38 7,300 04-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Last Post: hookup