02-19-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: No Name Lure
Little skunk (knock off) for $2.39!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
[Image: nonam1.jpg]

Here's my first few attempts at re-creation. Let me say I have found a re-newed respect for Mr John Fujita.
I am going to tie up about a dozen more . Going to try out this before I get too carried away.

Like I stated it was plagued by lots of knock offs but none of them duplicated the success of this little lure. I don't know if these will work or not. I also substituted rabbit instead of marabou after one tie. Liked the looks of the rabbit in water better. But the fish might not. Who knows until the fish judge it.

AKA- hays47
02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
nice work...

SLAB STIK'R JIGS

TNT Tackle
02-20-2012, 05:29 PM
I think those will work great. I like the trailing hook, nice Smile

Ronnie
02-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Papaperch, Think ya did a good job with those. Let us know how they act in water,and later on how the fish react to them! earlier I had put a few together on ice spoons,that look good in the kitchen sink, but the test on crappies,trout, perch, and bass is yet to come! By the way,in reading about this tiny lure in the past ,one of the problems was the bigger largemouth that kept stealing them on the required light line!!
02-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Nice lures!!!!! Really want to hear how they work!!!!
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Ok, scanned the stuff on the No Name in. It's in PDF format and some of it you'll have to increase read size but some good stuff.

Looking at the leaded part again, looks like you could mod a spinning lure body mold to accept a hook and mold the lead right to it, but more interesting is in the pic of the lure in it's package it looks like the hook isn't a straight shank it has a bend in it.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  No Name Lure.pdf (Size: 1.89 MB / Downloads: 24)
02-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Fatman, Thanks so much for posting that exciting story -terrific stuff! Now, if we can only experiment and determine the ideal jighead& rigging!! A most worthy project for the coming year!!
02-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks from me 2 Fatman. Did a little tank testing today. Decided to go with a more flexible string for articulated tie. Although they still looked good I liked the movement from the little more pliant line ones. Good thing I was not around when they invented the wheel. I would have burnt myself out trying to improve it.

I think I am going to tie about 6 exact imitations to keep to the proven producer. Then about another dozen or so letting my imagination take over. Two that I tied using hackle and made a head out of midge chenille on the trailing hook looked deadly if I do say so myself. Another with duck flank looked like it might be a winner too.

Will post pix of some of my deviations from the No-Name standard. Really excited about trying to get these to work as good as the original. The Japanese culture often strives to do accomplish a simple task in a perfect manner. I think John Fujita accomplished this in perfecting his lure. I don't think I can improve on it but I like the challenge it brings to the table.

AKA- hays47
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Glad I could provide the info. Can't wait to see some of what you guys come up with. Might try some weird stuff myself

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Under the sea - lure action visualization Bucho 13 422 08-28-2014 10:14 PM
Last Post: Ron Don
  Vibrating Lure Do It Mold Clarification shredmandan 6 250 07-16-2014 07:30 PM
Last Post: Fatman
  Interview With A Lure Designer Pup 5 181 07-04-2014 05:20 PM
Last Post: Fatman
  Hi-Tech Lure Molds hookup 5 212 04-15-2014 02:59 PM
Last Post: Hawnjigs
  Roseys Jig and Lure Powders... Len 0 141 05-03-2013 04:17 PM
Last Post: Len

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)