Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling Jigs
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM,
Selling Jigs
I have had several requests on another forum to sell a few jigs. I have always told everybody that I don't do it to sell them, but if they were close enough, I would give them a few, or trade some for a fishing trip....or something similar. I try to point some of these guys to some reputable tiers who do sell them....... But I just got an offer that I don't think I can refuse....It will cover some of my recent purchases of material and such. I have tried to steer the guy to some guys who do it as a business, but he wants some of my jigs.... So... I guess I'll do it.
I never got into this to make a dime on my jigs, it started out as saving money on buying jigs at tackle stores.....which I knew I could make better. Since then.... I have way more jigs than I could probably fish with in a couple of years!! LOL
Maybe its just a one time deal.... who knows, but... I re-coup some of my expenses, and someone else gets to enjoy some of my work...
I know there are lots of guys out there who do much nicer work than I do....and i just don't want to take any business from guys who rely on tying, even if it a small bit.
Anyways.... Guess I'm just wanting to see what some of you guys think about it....
Jerry
02-14-2012, 05:16 PM,
RE: Selling Jigs
Go for it....
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><
02-14-2012, 05:38 PM,
I would also say...GO FOR IT...!!!.... I, on occasion, will sell a few jigs...but I will "horsetrade" for them in a heartbeat !!!...Big Grin

MaryLou~~
Cross Timbers Custom Fishing Rods....(FB)
02-14-2012, 06:45 PM,
Sure, why not do it. If the other guy made that one better, they would buy from them.
Bob
02-14-2012, 07:48 PM,
Be happy and thankful for the business!
02-14-2012, 10:28 PM,
Go get it ... But do it by the book ...Make sure Uncle gets his FET.
JSC _________ http://www.zibbet.com/ThinkLikeAFish
On The Choctawhatchee
02-14-2012, 11:16 PM,
I'd say sell them if you can! Would bet that a quarter to half of the active users here sell their jigs somewhere. I have been asked to sell mine a few times now... i've traded for this and that but never have gotten $$$ for any..... and given away WAY too many to family, friends and complete strangers while out fishing. Smile
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
02-14-2012, 11:19 PM,
(02-14-2012, 10:28 PM)JSC Wrote: ... But do it by the book ...Make sure Uncle gets his FET.

We had a lengthy discussion on here about what had to be done as far as taxes..... anyone remember where that thread is??? Can't find it at the moment. Huh
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
02-14-2012, 11:27 PM,
Darn Uncle Sam!!! Just can't let us have fun.
02-14-2012, 11:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2012, 11:39 PM by Pup.)
The information contained at the following link was enough to discourage me. Wink
Excise Tax