Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tie dyed feathers
12-04-2011, 11:19 AM,
Tie dyed feathers
            A lot of folks put stripes on feathers and hair with markers . I had time to dink around and do this .Having lived through the 60's I still remember the tie dyeing thing . You can only do a clump of feathers about as big around as a pencil (dry weight) or the die does not penetrate very well . I simply to some small cheap zip ties spaced them on the feathers and dropped them the dye bath . The result was this .
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
12-04-2011, 11:28 AM,
RE: Tie dyed feathers
Great mini tutorial tf - like the jig
12-04-2011, 02:19 PM,
Very nice. I wanted to try to strip out bucktails this year and just dye the tips a different color.
Good idea though on your part.
Bob
12-04-2011, 03:01 PM,
Sweet dye job Toad! Way to use your noodle!
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM,
Looks good Toad...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM,
Nicely done Brent....
SLAB STIK'R JIGS

TNT Tackle
12-04-2011, 05:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2011, 08:08 PM by Radtexan.)
Far out man !!!!!!!!!
"Only death will end my love affair with Texas." Bob Bullock
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM,
Nice dye job - but what ungodly hour did you wake up and run to the dungeon [Image: smiley-laughing025.gif]
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM,
Nice job Toadfrog. Like every time I hear some one say tie dye I think of Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, and Santana. Like far out man way to cool. Stuck in the 60's again.

Redman
12-05-2011, 01:15 AM,
Amen to stuck in the 60's . I can't really say when where or what time I'm liable to head for the man cave . I loose all track of time . I've been in there for 22 hrs. at a time . The wife has started texting me to let me know how long I've gone without stopping to take a break . I am going to try to do a barbed wire pattern . That is going to take take a compression plate . Have to make that darn thing . Thanks to all of you I'm starting to get the feel again . Maybe I can at least catch up to you . The best Jig men in the world are located right here . I tell people my jigs are alright but if they want to see great works of art come visit JigCraft.
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.