Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprue Cutter Offer ??
11-20-2011, 06:11 PM,
Sprue Cutter Offer ??
Who here has a cutter option that will work on a say 1/32 oz. roundhead without a collar to cut the sprue and be done.My side cutters leave a dent in the already small head,and just bending back and forth makes the head loose on the hook.Heck,the sprue is bigger then the head.What is the best tool that you would suggest??
I think the salt in saltwater gives fish that distictive Wonderfull flavor.
11-20-2011, 09:33 PM,
RE: Sprue Cutter Offer ??
Salty I use the ones from Do-it and I've never had a problem with them. don't use them for anything else though or you'll screw them up
11-21-2011, 01:02 AM,
Just plain old flush ground electrical or craft cutters . Get them at Radio Shack , Hobby Lobby , I choke as I say this Wal-Mart . Runs between 5 and 7 bucks.
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
11-21-2011, 10:42 AM,
http://www.barlowstackle.com/-Gate-Cutters-P1032.aspx

Just ordered a pair of these will let you know how they work.
AKA- hays47
11-21-2011, 01:34 PM,
Let me know Papa,I need a pair.I have a pair of them somewhere,just never knew what they were for,lol.Probably cut everything.BUT lead sprues with them.
11-21-2011, 02:42 PM,
I know,did you get your email ??
11-21-2011, 09:41 PM,
That looks like what I use. I think mine are "zuran" brand. On jigs I sell, I still use a file on every jig I make, but for my personal use, they work good enough for me to not have to touch up.
12-21-2011, 09:33 PM,
I am having problems too. When I cut the sprues off my eggs I have a nudge on the part where I cut it. I use cutter pliers but it is very dull. Have to cut with all my effort. Could you use cutter plies that are sharpened and will it leave no nub on the sinker where the sprue used to be?