Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of my Comfort Zone!
05-09-2010, 07:13 PM,
Out of my Comfort Zone!
In a way I kind of hope everyone says they hate it, cuz I fought that tail fin to the death! Not sure who won either. After I got through with it I wish the tail was about a half inch shorter The tail is a pearl core braid making it stiff enough to stay straight but not too stiff.

[Image: braid1.jpg]
05-09-2010, 09:07 PM,
RE: Out of my Comfort Zone!
RonDon....
I Like It !!!....

MaryLou~~
Cross Timbers Custom Fishing Rods....(FB)
05-09-2010, 09:08 PM,
Very cool - different!!! Awsome profile. How is the tail feather attached to the braid? Also, whats the head weight?

You can make the next one you do (haha, yeah you will need to make more, those will catch fish) with the shorter tail, but i like the looks of that one... wanna keep some wiggle. Wink
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
05-09-2010, 09:13 PM,
It looks great, How did you come up with that?
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2010, 09:27 PM by Ron Don.)
Thanks, but i said tell me you hate it! The feather was eventually tied on. I finally got some hemostats and clamped the feathers, one on each side of braid, where i wanted them. And then slowly worked the thread around it. Topped it off with a generous helping of np. I really could have used another hand doing it my way.

FR76 - Every now and then my creative juices spring into action. Dont hold your breath.. It might be a while for the next action!
05-10-2010, 11:12 AM,
Okay, I hate it! Smile

And I would hate it even more if you tied in and palmered some chartreuse hackle between the head and the pearl braid.

Then I would really hate it! Wink
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM,
Wow, that is creative! That tail tied onto a skinny body tube head could be an ideal glass minnow imitator. I'd like to try making a few - what is the product name of the braid and where can I buy some?
05-10-2010, 04:55 PM,
Thanks Hippel!

HJ I believe what I have is a Hareline product, pearl core braid.