Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Leechey
07-05-2011, 01:52 PM,
The Leechey
Tried tying the Shannon Shiner as per Ohio fly tying site and Lens post. I did not have the Bohemian Chenille to work with so the minnow imitations looked like crap.

But I really liked how my leech imitation turned out using the ultra chenille that I use on my worm creations. Tied just like Shannon Shiner except used real small jig head ( from Crazy Angler ) tied marabou plume extra long then wrapped chenille on the extra length then back on itself to the head. This is what I ended up with.

Going to field test later today. Will post results. good or bad.

[Image: leechey.jpg]
AKA- hays47
07-05-2011, 01:57 PM,
RE: The Leechey
Very nice...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><
07-05-2011, 02:28 PM,
nice. looking fwd to your results
SLAB STIK'R JIGS

TNT Tackle
07-05-2011, 05:55 PM,
Back from field test my leechey has gone to lure heaven. Wife got into tackle bag before I and picked the " leechey " t try first. The bluegill were all over it but she could not hook any. I suspect because of the real long tail. Anyhow she was having fun until a 3 lb bass inhaled the thing and she was yelling I got this one , I got him , I got him. Bass came to surface and embarked on a determined run and snap went the 4 # leader. From its brief career I have determined I need t tie a 1-1/2 dozen or so of these up.

Also field tested several of my bluegill " creatures and the vast majority of them had plenty of action.
AKA- hays47
07-05-2011, 06:10 PM,
[Image: DSC00590.jpg]

One of todays " victims " he fell for one of my gill creatures. Just a little 12 incher but felt good on my fly rod.

Forgot to post pic in original reply
AKA- hays47
07-05-2011, 07:21 PM,
Nice papaperch.I think these baits will definately work.
07-05-2011, 07:56 PM,
Great looking jig and it sounds like the bass thought so too!!!
Ronnie
07-05-2011, 09:50 PM,
Nice man!!!
07-10-2011, 12:18 PM,
Nice job! Interesting tying technique that I'm going to have to try. Looks like a great way to get a long, slim, worm/leech-like profile onto a light-weight jig. I bet that tail end has great swimming action too.

John