Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Big Jigs
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM,
Big Jigs

.jpg   SW3oz.jpg (Size: 28.36 KB / Downloads: 92)
.jpg   Trailers.jpg (Size: 10.01 KB / Downloads: 93) My son & the 2 Grand kids have started doing a little Pier Fishing and I made them a supply of 1/2 and 5/8 oz jigs but ... my son said he had pulled out his big surf rig (spinning) and needed some big jigs got him some 3/4 oz ones tied and he said I could sure use some larger .. so ... I dug back into to some stuff ... I did have this 3 oz mold but had let it go many years ago ... well I had a few of those 3 oz heads ... Powder painted Flour Orange ... gave them a quick tie and he will have to apply the Epoxy ( got to have that on the threads) He will pick them up this afternoon .... this was a custom mold to go with a big shrimp tail (which I also let the molds get away from me) ..... Also pix of a couple of the trailers to use with this big job.

JSC
Smile Jig Bigfish
JSC _________ http://www.zibbet.com/ThinkLikeAFish
On The Choctawhatchee
06-01-2011, 07:49 PM,
RE: Big Jigs
Those are some big jigs... Luv the color.
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><
06-01-2011, 08:20 PM,
A half-ounce jig is huge for the waters that I fish. :Cool: Jigs
06-01-2011, 10:33 PM,
I think I have some of those shrimp tails laying around . Not sure If I do you can get them for the postage They are made from a plastic so noxious I won't even try to use them as remelt . P.M. If you get to needing large heads real bad . Is that a 10'' u tail worm looks like it. Those colors ought to do the job . Wish you still had that mold I'm always up to trading head styles.
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
06-01-2011, 11:27 PM,
Nice jigs, and I love those zoom u-tails, great for bass when the fatter power worms arent gettin em to bite.
06-02-2011, 09:25 AM,
IMO, there aren't any fish that blaZe orange won't trigger a strike from and hopefully it'll be the same for your son and grandkids. I'd love to hear what they pull up with those awesome monsters.

Adam
06-02-2011, 04:23 PM,
Thanx Guys

I have the molds for the trailers (TF that is a 10 " U Tail) ...
I have the model for the big shrimp tail that I could make a POP mold if I get the time.
Thats an 8/0 forged hook ... Mustad ... Long story about getting seperated from the molds.

JSC
On The Choctawhatchee
06-03-2011, 12:39 AM,
I understand. Mine got separated in the middle of the night once.
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
06-03-2011, 03:31 PM,
Geez, 3 oz. 8/0 jig from a pier? Whats gonna bite that?
06-03-2011, 05:18 PM,
"Geez, 3 oz. 8/0 jig from a pier? Whats gonna bite that? "

Kings, Cobia, Tarpon and etc.

JSC
On The Choctawhatchee