Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about a fly swap?
04-09-2011, 08:10 AM,
RE: How about a fly swap?
What would you concider a warm water fly? I would like to get in on this swap, but need to know about a warm water fly.
H.Hawkins
04-09-2011, 08:10 AM,
Russ, have you ever tried pine squirrel zonkers? I love 'em for smaller patterns. A crawdad orange #8 Slumpbuster gets a ton of takes around here.
04-09-2011, 08:15 AM,
Heather, whatever you'd tie on to catch a warmwater fish!
04-09-2011, 08:30 AM,
(04-09-2011, 08:15 AM)quivira kid Wrote: Heather, whatever you'd tie on to catch a warmwater fish!

O.k. I will see what I can come up with. And the flies are due in by May 16th?
H.Hawkins
04-09-2011, 08:33 AM,
I'd like to have them sorted and sent back to you on the 16th. Yes ma'am.
04-09-2011, 09:33 AM,
(04-09-2011, 12:19 AM)crappiehappy Wrote: Russ... curious what the member count is up too, I keep trying to get my buddies interested in tying, but they say why, when you can make em for us... lol.. I'll keep trying to bring on new members.....

Thanks for spreading the word! The count is up around 200 members, you can see the current number at the bottom left of the main forum index. Of those 200, there are around 60-80 that log in once a week and about 50 that are on daily.

I guess i was comparing the 'low numbers' to a site like FAOL where there are thousands of members and ALWAYS several swaps going on at once.
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
04-09-2011, 11:35 AM,
Gotcha, thanks for the info
04-09-2011, 12:09 PM,
Russ, FAOL has been online for a *few* years, too. Lot of old trout snobs on that dang place. I enjoy the "out of the box" thinking of this smaller site, where everyone contributes and where you can post without someone looking down their nose at you!
04-09-2011, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011, 11:21 PM by AtticaFish.)
I have been posting/paying more attention over there lately and i can see 2 distinct 'classes' of anglers that seem to stick with their own kind. Rolleyes Strictly Cold Water vs. Everyone Else. Cold water fly-rodders are BIG with the traditional mindset and warm water FR's seem a little more open to odd-ball ideas. I know i am generalizing and there are alot more asspects to it, but that seems to stick out like a sore thumb to me. There is alot of info & ideas to pick through there, that is for sure!!!

Welcome into the swap Heather! I am looking forward to seeing what variety comes out of this swap. Smile
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
04-13-2011, 06:49 PM,
Glad to see we have a fly swap going. Most of my flies have catered to trout fishing. I'll probably head over to Feathercraft to see what kind of ideas I can get there. Really don't want to do a crappie bugger but my mind is a blank right now.Focus now is on six bass tournaments a friend talked me into.Never fished a tournament in my life so it should be interesting. I might do something like a streamer. Got to do something different for sure.