Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s been a while!
03-16-2020, 08:55 PM,
It’s been a while!
Well guys it sure has been a while! I’m alive and well, been busy working so much and not much time to fish. I ended up giving my jig tying equipment to my best friend, and I focus on bass more than anything now. Ironic considering the name right? 

Well this forum sparked my love for all things tackle creation so here’s some of my latest Jigs I’ve dreamt up! 

The fish in the picture was caught on my home made tremor jig, paired with a home made finesse worm!            
03-16-2020, 09:08 PM,
RE: It’s been a while!
Cool looking jigs!
I hope to dabble in rubber skirted bass jigs & bladed jigs one of these days.
03-16-2020, 09:17 PM,
It’s a blast plunc! Honestly easier than tying. My next step is to get a professional banding machine to speed the process up
03-17-2020, 09:04 AM,
Glad to see you back! Those jigs look great... and the fish seem to like them too. I've never used the bands to add the silicone skirts but have tied quite a few with thread. Black & Blue was always a winning color combo. Solid white seemed to work good in the early spring sometimes too. I think we all cycle through different fish species that occupy our time. Still love fishing for (and eating) panfish myself, but the itch for walleye spends more time on my brain than other fish i think.

Hope you are doing well and coping with the crazy world we live in. If they start telling me i can't go fishing not really sure what i will do with my time.
JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
03-17-2020, 12:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 12:51 PM by duffy.)
Looks good and appears to work! Heck bass are panfish, ya just need a bigger pan. Big Grin  I bought one of those hollow tube skirt installers a while back and it sure make things easier. Mainly got it to replace some rotten skirts and to dream up some new ideas. Had some coupons and it only ran me about $15 in the end and was well worth it.
03-18-2020, 09:30 AM,
]
(03-17-2020, 09:04 AM)AtticaFish Wrote: Glad to see you back!  Those jigs look great... and the fish seem to like them too.  I've never used the bands to add the silicone skirts but have tied quite a few with thread.  Black & Blue was always a winning color combo.  Solid white seemed to work good in the early spring sometimes too.  I think we all cycle through different fish species that occupy our time.  Still love fishing for (and eating) panfish myself, but the itch for walleye spends more time on my brain than other fish i think.

Hope you are doing well and coping with the crazy world we live in.  If they start telling me i can't go fishing not really sure what i will do with my time.

I’m doing pretty good, work has slowed a bit but not by much, people still need windows cleaned! 

Between a full time job and planning my wedding I don’t have much fishing time. But always find time for making lures! It’s a second income for me when I’m able to get an inventory built up so I’m getting it running full steam ahead now! Even built myself a workbench a few weeks back    

And soft plastics have been my newfound love for a while too, the bass jigs I just picked up recently        
03-20-2020, 02:44 PM,
good color
03-25-2020, 03:57 PM,
OH no not bass fishing . I'm dying here. But it is a nice bait.
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
03-27-2020, 07:46 PM,
It’s been a while!
(03-25-2020, 03:57 PM)toadfrog Wrote: OH no not bass fishing . I'm dying here. But it is a nice bait.

I’m a bass man now, being on my high schools bass fishing team years ago settled that for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-28-2020, 09:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2020, 09:09 AM by Hawnjigs.)
I totally support focusing on bass fishing, and less attention on my favorite species.

In the spirit of cooperation, i won't fish for bass.

Hahaha, Mardi Craw ?!

I also support (others) staying home watching TV during football season.