Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mueller Report
03-24-2019, 09:43 AM,
Mueller Report
Big news right?   Fervent partisan clamoring from both the "witch hunt" and "impeach" sides of the aisle have been confusing, & I've been leaning towards public release for the purpose of being informed.  However, there are definite regulations in place that legally restrict disclosure, and this article by Ken Starr, perhaps the most qualified person to comment having been the original special counsel appointed by the Justice Dept. to investigate misconduct by President Clinton.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...yptr=yahoo

And Mr. Hookup, altho you once derided "The Atlantic" as "left of left" media, this article appears to be non-partisan and actually supports Attorney General William Barr's prerogative to limit or withhold Mueller report disclosure and legal reasons why.
03-24-2019, 10:12 AM,
RE: Mueller Report
Sorry, I was in error referring to Ken Starr as "original". Here is a historical summary of the use of the roles of Special Counsel / Prosecutor appointed by the Justice Dept. going back to Watergate. I find the use of partisan Presidential pardons of convicted criminals disturbing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t...SKCN1R019F
03-24-2019, 10:16 PM,
Should be good news for the country, no mater which side of the isle your own. IMO
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><
03-26-2019, 07:04 AM,
Term limits for senate and house would go a long way to cleaning up the system. Following through and prosecuting all the people who created the dossier and implemented it would only be a show of returning to a system of justice.
Toad Frog Baits a nonprofit hobby . Dedicated to spending money when I shouldn't
Fish Forever Work Whenever ! The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
03-26-2019, 12:13 PM,
Quote:Mr. Hookup, altho you once derided "The Atlantic" as "left of left" media,

A blind squirrel finds the occasional accorn

Quote:there are definite regulations in place that legally restrict disclosure

No matter what the clamor, they still need to follow procedure

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Beer Report jjsjigs 8 968 08-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Radtexan