Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Fishing yet, Anyone catching???
03-18-2019, 10:00 PM,
RE: Anyone Fishing yet, Anyone catching???
I made it out several times during February while I was off work. Only caught six 'gills total that were big enough to keep, and one Yellow Perch that I kept, which was just barely big enough. Only other species I caught was one LMB that hit a minnow on a tip-down. Unfortunately, catch-and-keep season for Black Bass is closed here in MI, so I released it.

Couldn't make it out of one place I went to. My truck just couldn't get enough traction to make it up the hill with over an inch of packed sleet, snow, and ice on an unplowed road. My landlord was with me, and apologized to me for forgetting about that hill. Luckily there was someone else there with a big diesel 4x4 that was able to pull me out.

Ice is melting away here in southern MI. I didn't feel safe trying to access any ice yesterday or today. I need to pull my flip-over shanty out of my truck and restock for open-water season. Yellow Perch are starting to spawn, and Walleyes should be going good in the Detroit River in a few weeks. I may have to buy some jigs and go after them.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!

Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
03-19-2019, 09:09 AM,
It's been tough with the high water on the right coast

Chased largemouth & snake heads couple weeks ago - got the only fish - l/m It was cold!

Chased smallies last Saturday. Did 8.5 miles of river in the kayak. Water was up and pushy, wind gusts up to 40mph. Fish were very predictable but allot of work positioning the kayak to catch them. Did good. 2-4 pounders. No dinks. After 6.5 miles of fighting the river to catch fish, my buddy and I paddled out. We were just to tired to work for them.

No pix because my SIM card took a dump
Yesterday, 08:03 PM,
yep, a couple

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

New River Smallies
(04-04-2014, 10:22 AM)toadfrog Wrote: Getting old ain't for sissies .
Yesterday, 09:07 PM,
Them some good uns...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><
Yesterday, 11:17 PM,
Nice fish. Beautiful smallie. hope it was catch and release
Wishing all, Tight Lines and Bent wriggling rods!
KDog!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold weather fishing - not ice fishing Kdog 17 3,519 10-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Pup