Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avoiding politcal posting, but...
11-12-2018, 10:13 AM,
Avoiding politcal posting, but...
Just found this, and think it should be shared. 

"A group of GOP lawmakers spent July 4 in Moscow after several days of meetings with Russian officials, according to NPR.

The group, which included seven Republican senators and one House member, was the first congressional delegation to visit Russia since the country’s annexation of Crimea in 2014.
The GOP lawmakers, Sen. Richard Shelby (Ala.), Steve Daines (Mont.), John Thune (S.D.), John Kennedy (La.), Jerry Moran (Kan.) and John Hoeven (N.D.), and Rep. Kay Granger (R-Texas), spent July 4 in Moscow’s U.S. Embassy, NPR reported."
11-12-2018, 10:27 AM,
RE: Avoiding politcal posting, but...
Researching further:

"A recent Gallup Poll showed some 40 percent of Republicans, a plurality of the self-identified category, now regard Russia as an ally or at least as a country friendly to the United States. That is double the percentage of Republicans who expressed that view to Gallup in 2014.

One need not go far to find enthusiasts at any Trump rally who say they have no problem with Russians helping elect or re-elect him — so long as he fulfills his campaign promises to Americans such as themselves."
11-12-2018, 08:20 PM,
Mountain made outta a mole hill
11-12-2018, 09:18 PM,
Support for Hitler was a mole hill that no one took seriously until it became a mountain. Then it was too late.

Don't you find it disconcerting that we're losing our former allies alliances in favor of our COMMUNIST former enemies? Heard the news today about the USA siding with Russia and China not cooperating with a multinational cybersecurity initiative?

Seriously, American politicians meeting with Russian officials with no oversight during the JULY 4 INDEPENDENCE DAY holiday isn't a red flag?

Online news articles commentary abound with Russian trolls. The ones making thousands of inflammatory statements designed to distract and divide. Clicking their IDs brings up the # of and a history of their posted comments.

Nothing being done, WTF is wrong with this picture?
11-13-2018, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 12:50 PM by hookup.)
So?  

Hillary met w/ Putin

[img]clinton-russia-ties-bill-hillary-sold-out-us-interests-putin-regime-1.jpg[/img]

And here's some food for thought about the Clintons

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/04/c...in-regime/

And so did BJ Billy

[Image: image6631165x.jpg]

And Obama gave billions to the Iranians
11-13-2018, 02:20 PM,
(11-12-2018, 10:27 AM)Hawnjigs Wrote: Researching further:

"A recent Gallup Poll showed some 40 percent of Republicans, a plurality of the self-identified category, now regard Russia as an ally or at least as a country friendly to the United States. That is double the percentage of Republicans who expressed that view to Gallup in 2014."

Interesting!

Over here, nobody but a 5% minority of repatriated russian Germans with ongoing ties to russian media has the slightest doubt that it lies in Putins vital strategic interest to divide both Nato and the EU and that both the U.S. presidential election and the brexit vote had been subject to substantial social media manipulation from Russian troll factories. Trumps ties to the russian mob are considered to be academic. 

Merkel and Macron have just recently expressed their will to form a european army that is able to act independently from the U.S. Two years of Trump administration have risen concern about American reliability. They see they have to rise military spending, but they want to do it their way. Cracks are starting to show.
11-13-2018, 03:51 PM,
Quote:Merkel and Macron have just recently expressed their will to form a european army that is able to act independently from the U.S.

France & Germany has excellent special forces in their police units but to go the route of establishing independent militaries would be expensive. Especially if they both want air, sea, and ground support. And would there be mandatory service? Or a draft?

And is Germany even allowed their own military after the WWII surrender agreements?

Quote:Two years of Trump administration have risen concern about American reliability.

This one has me scratching my head. Is Germany & France worried that if they are attacked, America would take a back seat? If so, what about NATO? And the North Atlantic Treaty?

Seems like France and Germany should also be worried about the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse on their on white, red, black, and pale horses if it comes to America violating the NATO agreement
11-14-2018, 03:37 AM,
(11-13-2018, 03:51 PM)hookup Wrote:
Quote:Two years of Trump administration have risen concern about American reliability.

This one has me scratching my head.  Is Germany & France worried that if they are attacked, America would take a back seat?  If so, what about NATO?  And the North Atlantic Treaty?

Pretty much, yeah. Not based on solid reason, but on his highly irritating, provocative behavior in general. When it comes to foreign politics, Trump puts EVERYTHING into question. I mean, 20 years ago Europeans were shaking their heads how Americans could damage their reputation getting all worked up over a silly bj with an intern, and today they elect a guy who brags about getting away with sexual assault because he`s rich. That is very irritating to watch from the outside. People ask themselves what`s going on over there.

Trump is a dealbreaker. Its how he rolls, its what he has been elected for. If he says that U.S. support can not be taken for granted, we get the message. That´s the one thing coming out of his mouth that is congruent with his overall appearence: Nothing can be taken for granted any more. 

The German military, as far as I am concerned it will function in a European context just as fine as it does in the Nato. Same goes for a European Army b.t.w. Nato has always been structured around single, independend countries. The nuclear powers France and the UK in particular have always kept their ability to independently carry out global missions. This has never been pointed against the U.S.

And the actual concern is not about a full-scale attack. Putin is very good at "hybrid" warfare, annecting a peninsula here, supporting an insurrection there etc. continiously testing his boundaries. There might be different opinions between a billonaire who -when in trouble- reportedly accepted millions from russian investors and the European rest of Nato about what a "red line" is.
11-14-2018, 10:38 AM,
Commenting about Pfizer Pharmaceuticals here's what a Russian troll post looks like in the USA:
"Freedomspeech? 24 min ago
Clinton trade deals helped prompt them to leave the USA"

In addition to deflecting and distracting they spin outright LIES !!! Here's reality:
"Pfizer Inc. is an American pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut."

Typically, they avoid constructive comment by bashing Obama, Clinton, Liberals etc. And they are successful because many of us are conditioned to believe anything pushing our hot buttons, when I checked into the article commentary this LIE got 3 thumbs up and 0 thumbs down.

How does one distinguish a Russian troll from real American citizens? For starters "Freedomspeech?" has a history of over 92,000 comments.
11-15-2018, 03:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2018, 03:54 AM by Bucho.)
Pretty much all of the repatriated Russian Germans here have turned from moderate towards far right. They are not used to evaluate or question sources and tend to believe russian speaking media. They allow a very scary insight into where the downward spiral of distrust in established media and fake news leads to. For instance, we had massive protests from them because of a girl that was reported to be abducted and raped by muslim imigrants although it was long known that she just ran away and wound up at a friends house couple days later. The Russians are very good at this, and they make very good use of the whole micro-targeting and filter bubble technology on social media. Once you start showing interest into manipulative or even fake news, you end up to be surrounded by posts from friends who thing similar until you take it as a reality. This is not to be underestimated.

Btw reading through my last post, I am not sure if "dealbreaker" is the right word to discribe a person who steps out of an agreement or terminates it. I am trying very hard not to fall into Trump bashing like so many of my Countrymen and much of the private media here but this is not my fist language, sorry!