Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 For The Night
11-02-2018, 12:25 AM,
2 For The Night
Have those night time walleye on the brain lately. Been a slow start fishing so at home tying tonight. Will be at the high school football game (1st game of playoffs) on Friday night, but Saturday night is open to fish. Whipped up a couple tonight. Both measure over 4" and are tied full to give them bulk and weight to cast. Seems like everything but the kitchen sink in these guys. Cotton batting, rabbit zonkers, flash, bucktail, kiptail and chenille.  Big Grin

JigCraft.com : Co-Founder
11-02-2018, 07:26 AM,
RE: 2 For The Night
Good luck, let us know how those work - you'll prob be throwing your underspins too.

Not enuf wallys to target here, but the my last few dark nite accidents were on thumper tails light(weight) and slow.
11-03-2018, 12:09 PM,
Hopefully throwing some of these and the underspins tonight. Waiting to see if the daily satellite photo of Erie is clear or cloudy before i decide where i'm going. We have had several inches of rain over the last couple days and Erie might be a muddy mess. If it is muddy, might just stick to a small reservoir closer to home.
11-04-2018, 05:33 AM,
Nice ties! Nothing I would want to swim near a "hungry" canal embankment, but nice ties!
11-05-2018, 09:43 AM,
Got some good ones this year

[Image: DMyMgrW.jpg]
11-05-2018, 09:44 AM,
Nice ties!
11-05-2018, 12:40 PM,
Thanks all. I ended up fishing a lake close to home rather than making the drive up to Erie. Satellite picture was showing muddy shore line just about everywhere up there. Didn't do any better staying close and fishing my clear water reservoir, only one largemouth for the evening. Probably get out again this week to a different local lake and then gonna just bite the bullet and drive North to Erie no matter what (barring 5'+ waves) on Saturday night. Down to only 2 bags of walleye fillets in my freezer.

Bucho, funny thing is, the big hair jigs seem to work the best for me hopping them off the bottom right down in the rip-rap. I have my local lake figure out pretty well in most spots where i can lift and drop them on the bottom of the main lake basin and then pick up my speed once they start hitting the nasty rocks. Most bites i get are usually right when i start bumping the rocks so i try to keep it close to them. End up loosing a few jigs some days.
11-06-2018, 01:32 AM,
Playing around a little more tonight. These 2 will go in the box 'as is' so I can add on either a large 5" Kalin's lunker grub or a swimbait. The white thread is actually a Clark's & Coats poly thread that glows. This stuff really glows for a while too. I wrapped it down the arm of the spinner and coated it with Sally Hard as Nails. Should be just a subtle hint of glow to get some attention along with a plastic twister tail or boot tail swimbait. 

11-07-2018, 09:01 PM,
AF, those jigs look Sweet! ALL of them! I can just see that Rainbow Trout version getting hammered anywhere there's big Bass with Trout. Maybe Pike as well!

Hookup, that's a nice Walleye!

I know the DNR stocks some Walleye into the river here where I live. Every year I hear about some folks catching a few out of a local lake that's connected to that river, but it seems to be hit or miss.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!

Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
11-08-2018, 09:29 AM,
Buddy of mine got more than one c-class smallmouth with one of those spinner jigs & a small swim bait this year

I may have to 'steal' that idea since I have a ton of safety pin style wire bends around somewheres

What are you tipping the jigs with?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Night Zander Jig Bucho 46 8,351 11-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bucho
  Tied a few Scrounger Jigs last night. QPassage 3 1,034 11-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Last Post: QPassage
  Goofing off on a Friday night! quivira kid 18 1,825 12-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Fatman
  A pink jig I did last night AllenOK 5 1,604 11-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Last Post: moswampy
  A Few From Last night SlabHappy 8 1,494 05-27-2014, 08:13 PM