Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New favorite crappie jig
10-19-2018, 09:19 AM,
New favorite crappie jig
                I've had great success with this jig from big redear and gills to trout and have been starting to catch some nice crappie as well since it has gotten cooler including this fat 15 incher. I lost another one pushing 18 inches on the previous cast when the hook pulled. Lake is 1.1 miles from my home. Tried another lake with same results but smaller crappie. Usually carry two rods and a green head is always on the Shimano Soare, a 7 footer that I ordered from Japan that's rated for 1-3 lb. line so I've been using 2. I got the rod in June and already have caught thousands of fish on it and my little green jig. Bluegill spawns were crazy this year and I see thousands of fry at all the lakes I've been fishing. See picture under the dock.
10-19-2018, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 10:58 AM by duffy.)
RE: New favorite crappie jig
Looking good JJ! That bottom jig looks like it's had a pretty rough life already.
10-19-2018, 05:54 PM,
RE: New favorite crappie jig
I recycled that bottom jig and just had to wrap a new body. Should be good for another 50 now unless I lose it.