Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot tail plastics
11-23-2018, 02:00 PM,
RE: Boot tail plastics
Hookup, only started using booties this year so don't know what they used to be called.

Looked up the Keitechs, too expensive compared to Power Baits. Maybe you get what you pay for, but the PBs are working OK - chunk 21" wally yesterday from a very popular public heavy pressure spot with VERY few fish if any caught by anyone. Popular because tho lacking in #s, the occasional catch is likely to be 20+".

BTW, I had a friendly argument with local EXPERT Neil who claimed the wally was 2 to 2-1/2#. It was a fattie and felt to me more like 3+# in hand. Any opinions?
11-27-2018, 11:32 AM,
On a recent trip to NC's Outer Banks, a boot tail drove the speckled sea trout nuts. This was the "butt kicker" 4" body by Fishbites, and used on Hawn's superb wide bodied HU jighead. That minnow body was easily cut down to lesser length, as Hawn mentions doing, and no reason this "saltwater" bootie wouldn't work well in freshwater (rainbows & browns have already taken this Fishbites material, which is actually formed completely -not just enhanced- from their time proven scent formula product.
11-27-2018, 04:37 PM,
Quote:I had a friendly argument with local EXPERT Neil who claimed the wally was 2 to 2-1/2#. It was a fattie and felt to me more like 3+# in hand. Any opinions?

Carry a golden rule & a scale